Cruise Critic Community
maria1122

Anyone just back from CoCoCay?

Can someone just back from cococay tell me if they put in cement walkways.  

I use a mobility scooter and cannot use it on sand.  I’m not talking about the

dock, the areas to get to the beaches.

I was at Coco Cay in August 2019. I was on my mobility scooter. You can access Harbor Beach because there are pavers. You will have to leave your scooter on sidewalk and transfer to the sand to reach actual beach. I left my scooter within eyesight. No problems, park as close to wall of beach so as not to block sidewalk. Enjoy!! My only gripe was I couldn’t find a way to enter Oasis Lagoon pool with scooter.

14 hours ago, maria1122 said:

Just got back. There are enough to get you to the music pavilion and the food places, but that is it. 

We just got back from "CoCo Cay" on Monday. As stated before they have long walkways of pavers that you should have no problem travelling over. Not sure how confined you are to your scooter, but if you are able to be transferred over to another 

wheelchair, they have wheelchairs with HUGE rubber tires that could get you to the sand as well.

Either way, you'll have a great time.

We were in CoCoCay in May and I don't remember either.  We will be back in Oct with my parents and have a wheelchair for my dad. I'm wondering will we be better off using the regular wheelchair to push him to the pool with a swim up bar or will the wheelchairs with giant sand wheels come all the way to the ship to get him there and back?  

I just got back on Friday from two visits to Coco Cay (B2B on Mariner).  

You CANNOT access the pool without going across sandy areas, and there is no way to get to the beach without going across sand (you can get up to the beach on pavers, but not onto the beach area).  

18 hours ago, brillohead said:

I just got back on Friday from two visits to Coco Cay (B2B on Mariner).  

You CANNOT access the pool without going across sandy areas, and there is no way to get to the beach without going across sand (you can get up to the beach on pavers, but not onto the beach area).  

Thank you.  If you have the wifi plan does it work on Coco Cay?  If we get off will we be able to text my parents if they stay on the ship?

1 minute ago, CruiseMomTX said:

Thank you.  If you have the wifi plan does it work on Coco Cay?  If we get off will we be able to text my parents if they stay on the ship?

VOOM does work on CocoCay.

A friend messaged me that they were able to reach the pool area via paver-walk.  I used the entrance near the towel shack to enter and then the next one over to exit, and both of those were sink-into-the-sand type walkways.  

I'm hopeful that they plan to eventually put brick pavers in those path areas, as it will cut down drastically on the sand in the pool, plus allow you to rinse off your feet and walk sand-free back to the ship.  

8 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

Yes, it does work on the island.  My roommate used it on Chill Island and in the big pool, too.  

On 9/29/2019 at 9:23 AM, GEORGIEGIRL said:

We just got back from "CoCo Cay" on Monday. As stated before they have long walkways of pavers that you should have no problem travelling over. Not sure how confined you are to your scooter, but if you are able to be transferred over to another 

wheelchair, they have wheelchairs with HUGE rubber tires that could get you to the sand as well.

Either way, you'll have a great time.

Do you still need to tender at Coco Cay? I read they were enlarging the pier to accommodate larger ships. 

Just now, pthjudy said:

Do you still need to tender at Coco Cay?

No more tenders.

45 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

Do you still need to tender at Coco Cay? I read they were enlarging the pier to accommodate larger ships. 

The Symphony was docked there last week. 

On 9/28/2019 at 5:36 PM, maria1122 said:

Are you able to walk short distances?  We were there last week on Harmony.  They have a tram from the ship to the island tram that takes you around the site.