Ocean Ready and Medallion for Sky Sailing

Jeter02

Have you downloaded the new MedallionClass app? When I downloaded it and signed it with the same log in details as I used for Ocean Ready, my December Sky Cruise was already populated. Full disclosure: I had not even gone into Ocean Ready for this cruise at the time I got the new app; my details within My Princess were all complete at the time I opened the new app the first time.

Hope this is the fix you need!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gotta cruise again said:

Have you downloaded the new MedallionClass app? When I downloaded it and signed it with the same log in details as I used for Ocean Ready, my December Sky Cruise was already populated. Full disclosure: I had not even gone into Ocean Ready for this cruise at the time I got the new app; my details within My Princess were all complete at the time I opened the new app the first time.

yes I've downloaded the app and have updated to the new Medallion class app. I've used the app several times on past failings. My Regal one for November pops up but none of my December Sky ones. Which is odd. I may try to log out and then we login otherwise I guess I'll contact princess to see what's going on. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, gotta cruise again said:

Do you mind me asking what is your cruise date in Dec? Trying to see if that makes a difference. My first sailing on the sky is not until Christmas week.

Well, I had my fingers crossed for you but kinda figured you already had the new app; hopefully it will magically get its act together or someone else will have the correct fix for you so you won’t have to spend the time calling in!

Just saw your question and I was going to ask the same! We’re on the week after you, 12/28-1/4. And though the new app showed everything, it did keep saying my Cruise Personalizer was incomplete—weird. But it showed green in My Princess. However, all the ‘bubbles’ to be Ocean Ready in the new app went green the day I made final payment! I was able to order our medallions several weeks ago, even though I didn’t have all green bubbles.

2 minutes ago, gotta cruise again said:

Well, I had my fingers crossed for you but kinda figured you already had the new app; hopefully it will magically get its act together or someone else will have the correct fix for you so you won’t have to spend the time calling in!

Just saw your question and I was going to ask the same! We’re on the week after you, 12/28-1/4. And though the new app showed everything, it did keep saying my Cruise Personalizer was incomplete—weird. But it showed green in My Princess. However, all the ‘bubbles’ to be Ocean Ready in the new app went green the day I made final payment! I was able to order our medallions several weeks ago, even though I didn’t have all green bubbles.

Same thing  for me for the 11 Jan 2020 Sky P. cruise.  Once final payment made (early) the   circle for Cruise Personalizer turned green.  I had called Princess about the "circle" and they said it would turn green after final payment made.  They also said they were now only  using the Medallion Class ap instead of the  Ocean Ready ap.  

On the phone with Princess as we speak. looks like I have to call them back again tomorrow as the ocean department is closed for the day. Pretty much it's a glitch which is what I had for my November sailing where the ocean tech team needs to reset my account and go into it and fix it. I too had the problem with the green circle for my November sailing and when I called them up they were able to fix it.

20 minutes ago, gotta cruise again said:

thanks a lot! You have been extremely helpful. I'm also on the New year sailing with you as well. With technology comes lots of glitches. Tomorrow I will get it all sorted. I just love the excitement when I get to place my Medallion order.

Just now, Jeter02 said:

thanks a lot! You have been extremely helpful. I'm also on the New year sailing with you as well. With technology comes lots of glitches. Tomorrow I will get it all sorted. I just love the excitement when I get to place my Medallion order.

Look forward to meeting you then!! I’m watching baseball as I check out CC (go Astros!!) so I don’t have the RC spreadsheet I’m compiling in front of me...have you posted on the New Years RC yet? If not, would love to have you join us; but if you have posted, my apologies for not remembering!

On 9/28/2019 at 9:16 PM, Jeter02 said:

Hello @Jeter02. We're sorry about the challenge you're experiencing.  We'd be happy to research that for you.  Pls email us with your name and the booking number to AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com and we'll explore further to get you set up ASAP. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Hello @Jeter02. We're sorry about the challenge you're experiencing.  We'd be happy to research that for you.  Pls email us with your name and the booking number to AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com and we'll explore further to get you set up ASAP. Thank you!

Thanks! I actually contacted Princess yesterday. They have someone working on it as for my upcoming Sky Princess Cruises are not even showing up. Hopefully in the next few days they will smooth out the glitch with all my future bookings being linked to my account.

• Like 1

My MedallionClass app on my iPhone initially showed my Caribbean Princess cruise for May  2020 about 6 weeks ago and I was able to get as Ocean Ready as possible (have not made final payment so Cruise Personalizer circle is showing an exclamation mark but everything is complete in my Cruise Personalizer).

Then late last week my Sky Princess cruise for October 2020 showed up on the app and it again showed me as Ocean Ready as I possible (again, no final payment made and Cruise Personalizer with an exclamation mark). I am not worrying about this as my understanding is that as long as final payment has not been made you will not be completely Ocean Ready.

Medallion app uploaded automatically and of course everything I had worked on ocean.com to get set didn't transfer from the old app.  Had to reload security photo.  Sky sailing for early December has been stable on new app for a few weeks.  Setting up medallion has been as much work as five cruises with just cruise planner.

Hoping by tomorrow my Medallion app will be working smoothly with all of my upcoming bookings linked. It's funny how I've done 12 Medallion class sailings and never had a problem with the bookings being linked to the app until this point. Fingers crossed!