Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
goalman

Thinking about Golden Princess

Recommended Posts

Thinking about cruising on Golden Princess in May. Have sailed on Princess 2x before. Regal Princess was great. Caribbean Princess was not so much. Usually sail Celebrity. Itinerary on Golden looks good. Would like some comments about the ship. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you thinking about doing the 10-day Mexican Riviera?  Sure looks like a deal to me!  Grand class with Princess is one of my favorite ships. Go for it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 4hunters said:

Are you thinking about doing the 10-day Mexican Riviera?  Sure looks like a deal to me!  Grand class with Princess is one of my favorite ships. Go for it!

Thanks for the feedback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd read some of the Recent Cruise Reports. It's an Older Ship. I  haven't Cruised

in awhile, so I can't be more specific.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have sailed on the Golden before and enjoyed it.  It is an older grand class ship that is being moved to P&O Australia in October 2020 reconditioned and renamed.   Its sister ship Star is also scheduled to go to P&O Australia in late 2021.  That will leave only the Grand still in the Princess fleet.  I will be on the Star later this year.  You will have a great time on the Golden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Golden is closer to the Carib than the Regal.  What specifically disappointed you about the Carib?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you didn't like the CB then you may not like the Golden either.

The CB has an additional deck (Riviera) and 500 extra passengers but they are pretty much the same otherwise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spent 32 days on golden six months or so ago....all in all it was ok though the layout was a bit strange....price was low enough to overlook a few faults here and there....cabin was better than expected with big new tvs etc....decent prom deck though very narrow at back and no teak chairs just some uncomfortable benches...food was more than adequate and service was fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

The Golden is closer to the Carib than the Regal.  What specifically disappointed you about the Carib?

I was disappointed in the food  . The buffet seemed to be using leftovers.The smoke in the casino was awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dockman said:

spent 32 days on golden six months or so ago....all in all it was ok though the layout was a bit strange....price was low enough to overlook a few faults here and there....cabin was better than expected with big new tvs etc....decent prom deck though very narrow at back and no teak chairs just some uncomfortable benches...food was more than adequate and service was fine

Thanks for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, goalman said:

I was disappointed in the food  . The buffet seemed to be using leftovers.The smoke in the casino was awful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were last on the Golden in Feb 2019, and yes it is an older ship,

but we love it and are do a 26 night starting in under two months.

 

We have always found the food good... but it is a personal thing...

 

One thing about the Golden is Skywalker.. great views and a quite place to sit during the day.

 

Cheers Don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

We were last on the Golden in Feb 2019, and yes it is an older ship,

but we love it and are do a 26 night starting in under two months.

 

We have always found the food good... but it is a personal thing...

 

One thing about the Golden is Skywalker.. great views and a quite place to sit during the day.

 

Cheers Don

Appreciate the infoo. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...