First time on NCL

spotter27

Hi, I am new to NCL I got the Alcohol Package Perk but It says no Tea ,Soda and Water are included. What free Non Alcoholic

drinks are served with Lunch? Royal and Carnival Have Iced Tea and Lemonade. Do I have to Buy Water and Iced Tea? Thank you

Water, but not bottled water is freely available to those with and without the drinks package.  This is the same with tea and coffee and juices from the beverage bay machines in the buffet.  

I am not sure about iced tea.  I don't recall seeing it on my last cruise but then the only non-alcoholic drink I have with my lunch is water.  

Tea and Coffee from the Starbucks concessions are not included as part of the regular drinks package.  

2 hours ago, spotter27 said:

Hi, I am new to NCL I got the Alcohol Package Perk but It says no Tea ,Soda and Water are included. What free Non Alcoholic

drinks are served with Lunch? Royal and Carnival Have Iced Tea and Lemonade. Do I have to Buy Water and Iced Tea? Thank you

what they are referring to is bottled waters, specialty coffees, specialty teas (e.g., Tea Forte pyramid), energy drinks, and fresh squeezed juices. All not included in the Premium Beverage Package. 

Tap water and Ice Tea are free. A variety of hot tea is free. You can order any drink, hold the alcohol (virgin strawberry). You can order sodas. 

If you think of the flavored waters at the windjammer, NCL ushers the exact same brand of waters at the buffet (including ice tea and lemonade). 

Edited by BirdTravels

5 minutes ago, Waquoit said:

Let me jump in and ask this: If my cruise leaves at 4pm, I know they want you on board by 2pm. But what's the earliest time they will let me on board? Can I start exploring once I get on?

Sometimes NCL will advise you when you can board.

We usually try to board prior to lunch, so we can have lunch on the ship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Waquoit said:

Let me jump in and ask this: If my cruise leaves at 4pm, I know they want you on board by 2pm. But what's the earliest time they will let me on board? Can I start exploring once I get on?

Boarding usually starts round 11:30.  Once you are on board you are free to start your vacation.  Eat, drink, lounge around, whatever you want.   Cabins are usually ready a few hours later.

• Like 1

The E-Docs that you receive after final payment and online check-in give you the sail time, the all aboard time and the earliest time they would like you to appear at the pier. For my upcoming cruise the departure time is 5PM the all aboard time is 3PM the start of boarding is 12Noon and the earlies time to arrive is 11AM. 

On some sailings and ships they do staggered boarding and you are assigned a boarding time - again all the info will be on the e-docs.

As for the beverage package I think that question has been answered.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Waquoit said:

I like the sound of that! I'm getting there early!

NCL sometimes suggests a time to arrive at the port. Those times are suggested times an not enforced. Feel free to show up when it fits your schedule. General boarding starts around 11:30. The Buffet, O'Sheehan's/The Local, and one of the Main Dining Rooms are open for lunch. (We always start with a MDR meal, then go exploring).  

The only thing I will add is you will have to pay the tax on drinks until the ship has moved down the river a ways.  I don’t remember how far but we were charged taxes on alcoholic drinks for a few hours.   They are charged to your room.  This is also true in certain ports along the cruise.  Again I don’t remember which ports but they did tell you when they charged you.  It was around $1 a drink if I remember right.