P&O £1 3rd and 4th deal.

hansol1966

In May I posted about a P&O deal with certain cruises letting 3rd and 4th passengers to travel for a pound.

Just booked a deluxe balcony to Northern Norway..(12nts....Tromso Narvik and others, over the arctic circle with the Northern lights).

End of November through early December.

Google P&O cruises...select cruises from Southampton..the £1 promotion should be their....select all cruises.

Ours worked out at £56 per night each for 3 of us for 12 nights....quite a few other £1 deals to various locations....

Fastanloose I can remember wanted to know when this deal was on, hope it helps somebody to save a few bob...Fred.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hansol1966 said:

In May I posted about a P&O deal with certain cruises letting 3rd and 4th passengers to travel for a pound.

Just booked a deluxe balcony to Northern Norway..(12nts....Tromso Narvik and others, over the arctic circle with the Northern lights).

End of November through early December.

Google P&O cruises...select cruises from Southampton..the £1 promotion should be their....select all cruises.

Ours worked out at £56 per night each for 3 of us for 12 nights....quite a few other £1 deals to various locations....

Fastanloose I can remember wanted to know when this deal was on, hope it helps somebody to save a few bob...Fred.

Thank you for the heads up, it doesn't seem very well advertised. 

If anybody wants me to jump in with them, I am happy to pay my pound... 😊

Andy 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Excellent deal - horrendous conditions in the cabin though!  😓

Not really, we used to take mum and just booked a suitably large cabin, it was absolutely fine. We used the 3rd person offer a few times and it is great value.

34 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

You won't even know I'm there Harry... 

Where shall I send my pound😊

Andy 

If you heard my husband snoring you would not be so quick to pay up that pound. People several cabins along have been known to look askance and complain about disturbing engine noise and only I know better 🤫

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

If you heard my husband snoring you would not be so quick to pay up that pound. People several cabins along have been known to look askance and complain about disturbing engine noise and only I know better 🤫

Michelle sleeps with ear plugs and a pillow over her head, I really don't know why??? 😊

Andy 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hansol1966 said:

Sorry for the post..I was just trying to help people on this board to get a better deal and save money....to others it’s just a sad (Facebook page) Though shan’t hear from Hear from Herald no more.....Fred....

Thank you for posting, sorry we went off track. 

It was a very useful post. 

Andy

21 minutes ago, hansol1966 said:

Sorry for the post..I was just trying to help people on this board to get a better deal and save money....to others it’s just a sad (Facebook page) Though shan’t hear from Hear from Herald no more.....Fred....

Always helpful to hear about special offers so thanks for posting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Excellent deal - horrendous conditions in the cabin though!  😓

Why? I shared with 2 girlfriends on a Christmas cruise for 18 nights. It was fine, in fact it was fun. You just had to organised with the bathroom schedule.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I take you point - we like a bit of space though.

Harry, if you would never want more than 2 in your cabin, why are you bothering commenting on this thread?  Leave it to those who would be prepared to have 3 or 4 people in their cabin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Harry, if you would never want more than 2 in your cabin, why are you bothering commenting on this thread?  Leave it to those who would be prepared to have 3 or 4 people in their cabin.

Always open to new ideas!  I did make the point though that it's an excellent deal.  And probably a further indication of the difficulties now arising in selling P&O cruises.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to add that there seem to be some further great deals for 3rd/4th passengers in a cabin at the moment.  For the new 2021/22 cruises there is a promotion running stating 3rd/4th passengers from £99, but when I started pricing up cruises I found there were some even lower prices available.  We have just booked for 17/07/21 on Iona and were only charged £44 each for our two children sharing our cabin, on a 7 night cruise.  The £44 seemed to be the same whatever grade of cabin we chose.  Hope this may help someone else get a bargain.

• Like 1

We book cruises with the best deal for us. We used to travel on Cunard but with the exchange rate we tried P&O. A few cruises late and great deals for the me, my wife and my 34 yr old disabled son we have some great cruises all on the £1 3rd person deal. My son has heart failure and is studying for a music degree...I will never forget sitting on the balcony in our suite sipping numerous hot chocolates with my son at 3.00am whilst gliding through the fjord...great memories.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, hansol1966 said:

We book cruises with the best deal for us. We used to travel on Cunard but with the exchange rate we tried P&O. A few cruises late and great deals for the me, my wife and my 34 yr old disabled son we have some great cruises all on the £1 3rd person deal. My son has heart failure and is studying for a music degree...I will never forget sitting on the balcony in our suite sipping numerous hot chocolates with my son at 3.00am whilst gliding through the fjord...great memories.

Lovely story, thank you for sharing. 

Andy 

Whilst not quite £1 each I have booked an aft corner suite on Britannia during the school holidays for 4 of us - myself, 21 year old daughter and my parents. It came to not a lot more than 2 insides (£7500 for all four of us with the extra people being £719 each). Yes it will be cosy and we will only have one bathroom but the separate toilet will help and our cabin F730 has a huge wrap around balcony which will give room to spread out. I have also seen some reviews that suggest that this cabin has a corridor between the lounge and sitting room which, if true will give more privacy at night. I am considering taking a blow up mattress if the sofa bed proves too small or uncomfortable. It will be fine, hopefully

1 hour ago, catperson02 said:

Whilst not quite £1 each I have booked an aft corner suite on Britannia during the school holidays for 4 of us - myself, 21 year old daughter and my parents. It came to not a lot more than 2 insides (£7500 for all four of us with the extra people being £719 each). Yes it will be cosy and we will only have one bathroom but the separate toilet will help and our cabin F730 has a huge wrap around balcony which will give room to spread out. I have also seen some reviews that suggest that this cabin has a corridor between the lounge and sitting room which, if true will give more privacy at night. I am considering taking a blow up mattress if the sofa bed proves too small or uncomfortable. It will be fine, hopefully

You will have a great time!  We had an aft corner suite on B deck on Britannia back at Easter and it worked really well for us.  The bedroom and lounge were totally separate, with a long corridor in between with lots of wardrobes and the bathroom door.  The loo could be accessed from the bathroom or from the lounge through a separate door.  Both the bedroom and lounge had patio doors out onto the amazing balcony that had so much furniture to choose from - tables, chairs, sofa etc - but was still not crowded.  Yes, we did experience a little soot on the balcony a couple of days, but it wasn't a big problem for us.  The sofa bed in the lounge was normal double bed size so you will be fine.  Our children slept in there so I can't tell you how comfy it was, but it was a normal bed, not small or strange!  Google "B725 Britannia" and there is someone who has posted a video tour on YouTube.  Have a great trip.