Cruise Critic Community
Muffinz

Beverage package upgrade

Hi - we are cruising on Solstice again in April 2020

We booked while on our first cruise last year and got OBC and Classic beverage package each as 2 perks

However, wife would like to upgrade to the premium package

Do we both have to upgrade or can just 1 person upgrade?

and can she upgrade now (booking is with our T/A) or does she have to wait until she is onboard?

thanks in advance

Both do not need to upgrade and yes you can upgrade before the cruise.

Only one person need to upgrade, it is currently $10 per day plus 20% gratuity for a total of $12 pere day. You can upgrade now and even use your OBC to do it.

What does the classic drink pkg. include?? I mean what is the limit price per drink?

george35

You asked this yesterday - per the Celebrity website the limit is $9

jelayne thank you for your answer but it was my wife who asked yesterday & I didnt know it.

george35

You can upgrade before but if you upgrade while you are onboard the person that serves you gets to keep the gratuity part of the upgrade price

ok thanks for the replies

I am logged into our reservation online and when I go to add the Premium Beverage package it comes up at full price ($107 NZ per day) and not just the $ difference between the Classic and Premium package

Our reservation is through our travel agent, so do we have to go back to them and get them to add it on?

You can call your TA to upgrade. I have been able to call Celebrity direct to upgrade too, even with a TA.  I haven’t seen the upgrade online currently. 

Mary Ann

11 hours ago, Muffinz said:

ok thanks for the replies

I am logged into our reservation online and when I go to add the Premium Beverage package it comes up at full price ($107 NZ per day) and not just the $ difference between the Classic and Premium package

Our reservation is through our travel agent, so do we have to go back to them and get them to add it on?

I couldn't upgrade online either. Called my Celebrity Vacation Planner who was able to do it. 

Eventually you should be able to upgrade through your online account. I’m sailing the end of this month  and just recently they have given me the option to upgrade online. 

Please enlighten me.  If I already have a BP and then go Premium it’s $12 pp per day?  What about the just announced Beverage Package Charge as a $14 pp add-on per day?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Please enlighten me.  If I already have a BP and then go Premium it’s $12 pp per day?  What about the just announced Beverage Package Charge as a $14 pp add-on per day?

If you already have the CBP (purchased or bundled perk) and want to upgrade to PBP it will cost you $12.00 pp pd. The new added charge is only for new purchases after 10 October 2019. 

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If you already have the CBP (purchased or bundled perk) and want to upgrade to PBP it will cost you $12.00 pp pd. The new added charge is only for new purchases after 10 October 2019. 

So if I book a X cruise after Oct. 10th. I will pay $24 plus $28 or $52 per day for DW and myself.  That’s $520 for ten days.  That’s enough money to make me give up drinking!!  

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

So if I book a X cruise after Oct. 10th. I will pay $24 plus $28 or $52 per day for DW and myself.  That’s $520 for ten days.  That’s enough money to make me give up drinking!!  

That sums it up. 🍺 😎

Edited by davekathy

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, wolominiak said:

Celebrity Silhouette Sep 28 — Oct 9, 2020  

11 Nt Spain, Portugal & Canary Islands

Deleted wrong thread

Edited by dutchclogs
deleted wrong thread

On 9/29/2019 at 7:41 PM, jelayne said:

Both do not need to upgrade and yes you can upgrade before the cruise.

We booked on board the Equinox in September. They were running a special on board to pick any one perk (out of the 4) for a fully refundable booking. We picked the Classic Beverage Package. Hubby wanted this, I wanted some other perk, but both have to get the same perk, hence we decided on this one.
My question  is I would like to "downgrade" it to the Premium Non Alcoholic Package. Can I do it? Shall I wait to get on board? Cruise is in August 2020, 12 nights.

Jelayne can you please guide me on this? You can answer here or on the thread I started.

On 9/30/2019 at 12:39 AM, Muffinz said:

Do we both have to upgrade or can just 1 person upgrade?

and can she upgrade now (booking is with our T/A) or does she have to wait until she is onboard?

There is no advantage in pre-booking your upgrade, wait until you board.  You probably have a favourite bar since you cruised this ship before and remember the waiter who takes your upgrade gets the gratuity, he will remember you for sure.