Epic DOS

papa B me

I booked a DOS suite 17033 yesterday for Jan 2021 on the Epic.  My only other experience on NCL was in a DOS on Pride of America this past February. 

There were quite a few DOS suites available. The booking engine recommended 17033. I would appreciate any opinions/recommendations as to which would be best. There are several available on Deck 17 and a few left on Deck 16. 

Any other thought/recommendations about getting the most from Epic/haven/dos appreciated

2 hours ago, mertziek said:

We were in 17004 and felt it was the best suite on the ship.  IMHO - The suites overlooking the pool don’t have as much privacy.

I saw a video of this cabin that shows the cleaning rig parked outside the balcony of 17004. Was that your experience, too? It looks like it blocks a lot of the view. I have this cabin booked for next year and struggled giving up the size of the pool balcony for the privacy and quiet of the smaller balcony of 17004.

Thanks,

Pat

POA has one, unique DOS.  The Epics won't be as elaborate but there are several layouts on Epic.  Epic you'll get three bottles of booze vs wine on POA.

PS, it might he hard to find but there is a long thread out here with pics and discussion.

Edited by dexddd

1 hour ago, Sabiney said:

I saw a video of this cabin that shows the cleaning rig parked outside the balcony of 17004. Was that your experience, too? It looks like it blocks a lot of the view. I have this cabin booked for next year and struggled giving up the size of the pool balcony for the privacy and quiet of the smaller balcony of 17004.

Thanks,

Pat

Never a problem for us.  Great views front and side.

3 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Have you checked out the YouTube videos for that suite?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=norwegian+epic+suite+17033

I did take a look at all the videos.  I love the suite.  Trying to decide if I like having the larger balcony and possibly a little less movement more midship.

4 hours ago, mertziek said:

We were in 17004 and felt it was the best suite on the ship.  IMHO - The suites overlooking the pool don’t have as much privacy.

Thanks, 17004 is still showing available and is the suite I was comparing to.  Went with the one I did for potentially less movement and bigger balcony.  Still trying to decide on my decision.  I appreciate your input.

54 minutes ago, dexddd said:

POA has one, unique DOS.  The Epics won't be as elaborate but there are several layouts on Epic.  Epic you'll get three bottles of booze vs wine on POA.

PS, it might he hard to find but there is a long thread out here with pics and discussion.

Loved the DOS on POA and had a fantastic butler.  I do believe there were perks that POA doesn't provide that are provided on the rest of the fleet.  Will miss the player piano and jacuzzi on balcony from POA-ha

1 hour ago, Sabiney said:

Thanks,

Pat

We're facing the same struggle.  That's exactly what I'm dealing with. Love being a little more midship and the larger balcony.  I actually wonder if when at sea at night with nothing else to see if it might be nice having the view of the pool/ship.  Pretty early risers so not thinking the noise will be an issue for me and I see us hanging out at the pool in the haven when we are wanting rest/reading time.  But 17004 is showing available so trying to decide.  Thanks for input

We stayed in 17004 for a 15 day transatlantic this past April/May. We loved that cabin.  Very peaceful; actually never saw the window cleaning rig anywhere near our cabin during our stay.  We appreciate a quiet, private balcony and it certainly was.  Quite roomy enough for us with a small table and 2 nice cushioned wicker chairs, plus 2 full size loungers.  The balcony looks out the port side, so we had good views of the starry night.

The master bathroom is amazing, full length wall of windows with the view out the very front of the ship. The 2 person tub and two sinks and mirrors overlook the bow. Though the humongous windows appeared to have shades, they were never needed because no one could see in from way up there!

Would recommend 17004 for a quiet cabin, not much hall traffic since you are at the forward port-side corner.  

If you like to be where the action is, 17033 would suit you better.

Either way you go you will love the Epic Haven.

Happy cruising.

Edited by Sea saw 56

We’ve stayed in 17033 and it is my favorite room of all my cruises.  Great for people watching at the pool, could have the doors open and hear live music, fun watching the early morning aerobics, so great.  It is my goal to stay in this suite again.