Which Snorkel excursion would you go with?

MadMark

My wife and I and another couple will be in Cozumel on the Carnival Valor next week.  We want to snorkel.  Carnival has a few options and I have narrowed those down to the following. A three stop snorkel excursion with juice and water.  A two stop snorkel trip with a visit to a beach in between. 

My other option I am considering is the FE Sail and Snorkel that I found through Trip Advisor.  It offers two stops and refreshments such as beer, margaritas, chips and salsa, etc.  It's $10 less but I would have to get a taxi ride (pay taxi fare) to the marina and of course there is always the risk you take of booking with a third party vendor and potentially missing the ship.  I am not so much concerned about that but I do know the risk is there.

As I think about it the FE Sail and Snorkel sounds better with the added refreshments.  I am sure the snorkel locations will be pretty much the same places the Carnival excursions go.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark

Edited by MadMark

Just a warning...  Cozumel has some issues going on that may affect snorkeling and any boat tours right now.  From Oct-Jan they are closing all reefs on the southern end of island, from Palancar-south, which includes Columbia and El Cielo where snorkel boats go sometimes.  Just be aware that you won't be able to do those at all.  All snorkeling boats will probably be in same area around Paradise reef and Dzul Ha reef, which are just south of the Puerta maya pier area.  

Or snorkel from the shore at the Money Bar - $12 cab ride each way, good facilites, no admission fee, and good food/drinks/service. I always wear a bright rash guard to help the boats see you in the water. 

13 hours ago, MadMark said:

Thanks for the info. I was actually looking at a snorkel excursion that included El Cielo. That’s disappointing that we wouldn’t be able to go there. 

No idea how long this will last and what happens next.  The Marine Park Assoc. say its only until Jan and they will re-evaluate at that time.  But who knows?  This is going to affect many diving and snorkeling businesses as all diving and snorkeling will be limited to a smaller area, with shallower reefs.  Chances are that all those sites will be very crowded for that reason.