Which Greek Island Cruise to Book?

mikekauffman

We are looking at 2020 Eastern Mediterranean sailings on the Star Flyer.  We have sailed three previous times with Star Clippers.

There are three itineraries offered:  Southern Cyclades (one sea day with two stops in Turkey); Northern Cyclades (also one sea day with two stops in Turkey); and Mama Mia (one sea day with one stop in Turkey).  The Southern Cyclades is the only itinerary with a stop in Santorini.

I would appreciate any comments from prior experiences on any of the above itineraries - both positive and negative.

Thank you very much.

I did Northern Cyclades and Southern Cyclades "back to back" in 2016. The current itineraries appear to be same except thet on Northern Cyclades we visited Monemvasia not Spetses.

Both itineraries are good, but I prefered the Southern one because Patmos and Amorgos were a little too underdeveloped for my personal tastes; I much preferred Hydra and Rhodes, and Bodrum is better than Kursadasi unless you want to go to Ephesus. Mykonos is however much better than Santorini. Santorini looks lovely from below and the views from the top are stupendous, but the town itself is nothing but streets full of tourist tat shops without any character; something that Mykonos has in abundance.

• 1 month later...

We are looking at the same 3 options for May 2021.  It will be a Back to Back, so we will pick 2.  We have been on all 3 ships for  8 Clipper cruises.  We have been to Kusadasi,, Mykonos, and Santorini before.  We are not into shopping and big crowds.  Enjoy sailing, nature, taking pictures,  and sipping wine at local places.  Just wondering what might be more scenic and off the beaten path.  Thank you for any inputs...