Restroom facilities on Excursions

lolabarola

9 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

As mentioned above, go to the excursion page that you signed up for, look on the left lower side of that page and it will show you whether or not restrooms are available. Hopefully that’ll answer your question.

There is no reliable way to be 100% sure a restroom will be available on a tour bus.

a) There may be one, but it is inoperative.

b) Substitute equipment (bus) may be needed and may not have a restroom even if the original bus did have one.

c) The description may be in error.

14 hours ago, mocha9 said:

On the new Princess excursion website, they have removed much of the information such as whether or not there are restrooms. It used to be on the left side, but I can't find it there any more. I have a cruise booked for 2020, but the excursion information is not as detailed as before. I sent a comment to Princess about this, but haven't heard anything. If anyone knows the trick of how to find out excursion information such as restrooms, how much time between stops, and how many steps, please let me know.

Under the new website excursion page format you can still find the detailed info.  Open up the specific excursion, and there are two tabs in the middle of the black band:  one says 'overview' and one says 'excursion details'.  The 'excursion details' tab shows restroom availability, travel time, etc. and all the info that used to be on the left side of the screen.  

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, mocha9 said:

Thank you, Paula_MacFan, for your help on finding the excursion information. Including the picture was very helpful. I checked an excursion and was able to check all the information. Thanks again.

Happy to help!  I am a planner too and like to have as much info as possible in advance 🙂

12 hours ago, caribill said:

There is no reliable way to be 100% sure a restroom will be available on a tour bus.

a) There may be one, but it is inoperative.

b) Substitute equipment (bus) may be needed and may not have a restroom even if the original bus did have one.

c) The description may be in error.

I would also add that sometimes I've been on a tour bus that does have a restroom but the first thing the driver does as the tour starts is "gently" encourage you not to use it!!  However, in cases of emergencies at least it's there!!

Funny - I was on a long bus ride to a site - got there and the lady "in charge of the washroom" had to be found!

I just went in and used the toilet - as I came out, a "gentleman" said he had to pay my $1.00 because I did not wait until she was ready.

My answer was - if I waited she would more than earn her $1.00.

I offered him his $1.00, and he said no.