Clientele on 14 night Indy Transatlantic?

You don’t state the child’s age, but there are definitely much fewer children on just about any cruise longer than 7 days, in my experience. 

Children younger than school age?  Yes, there may be some. There is also the possibility of some children of all ages onboard from countries in say, South America and Australia for example, as their seasons are the opposite of ours in the northern hemisphere. 

Generally speaking, however, westbound transAtlantics have relatively a low number of children aboard. They will still have the children’s programs available. 

Enjoy your cruise!  

Very few children onboard TAs usually. On our Jewel TA last Nov one of the AO staff told me there were 15 passengers under 18 in total . If the first week of this cruise is UK half term week there may be a few more.

Very few kids on the fall transatlantic cruises.  That is one of the reasons we like them so much.  If kids are more important that the ports consider doing B2B cruises to get your 14 day vacation.

51 minutes ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

I'll be going on the 26/10/19 Indy Transatlantic. I'm worried that there may not be many other kids for him to hang around with because of the length of the cruise. What's your experience with this type of cruise? Are there many kids on board?

We did this cruise a little over a  year ago.  There may have been less then a dozen kids under 16.  We did the Symphony of the Seas TA last year and there were 15 kids under the age of 16.  You will feel right at home as my guess would be 80% of the passengers were Brit's, Germans, Swedes and  those from Scotland.  It was a great cruise, Bay of Biscay was like glass. It was shorts and T"S after the third day, the four ports in the Caribbean were all  great weather hitting low 80's every day. Being a American I can't relate or convert to celsius.  The kettles were removed but you can get one from the cabin steward.  Halloween  was awesome, big party in the promenade and a haunted house in the ice rink.  happy cruising.  

6 minutes ago, DfDinLA said:

I did the eastbound TA on Indy last year and there were fewer than 10 teenagers onboard.  There were more toddlers than teens.

If you liked the TA try one on a Oasis Class.  Ship sails with 1500 fewer kids, makes a awesome adult cruise.  I see you like the Suite Life, happy cruising.

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

We did this cruise a little over a  year ago.  There may have been less then a dozen kids under 16.  We did the Symphony of the Seas TA last year and there were 15 kids under the age of 16.  You will feel right at home as my guess would be 80% of the passengers were Brit's, Germans, Swedes and  those from Scotland.  It was a great cruise, Bay of Biscay was like glass. It was shorts and T"S after the third day, the four ports in the Caribbean were all  great weather hitting low 80's every day. Being a American I can't relate or convert to celsius.  The kettles were removed but you can get one from the cabin steward.  Halloween  was awesome, big party in the promenade and a haunted house in the ice rink.  happy cruising.  

I'm sure there'll be enough for him to do on such a nice ship if there aren't any other teens. Thanks for this info, really excited!

2 hours ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

I'll be going on the 26/10/19 Indy Transatlantic. I'm worried that there may not be many other kids for him to hang around with because of the length of the cruise. What's your experience with this type of cruise? Are there many kids on board?

Edit: He's 15

2 hours ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

16 hours ago, GemsJetsSilhouettes said:

There will be less than 20 kids on that cruise....most likely like 4-6 total!🤔😎

We have done 2 TA's, one East bound and one West bound. We have taken our grandkids, nieces and nephews along. as people have mentioned the older kids didn't have a lot of teens to do things with but the toddlers had kids to do things with in the kids programs. The big advantage of there not being a lot of teens on board the older kids had the flow rider almost all to themselves, along with the rock wall and other things. I am sure your son will have a great time.

2 hours ago, sealeggs said:

The big advantage of there not being a lot of teens on board the older kids had the flow rider almost all to themselves, along with the rock wall and other things.

While there might be one or two teen only Flowrider sessions, the regular sessions will very likely be quite crowded with older customers. TAs attract Flowrider aficionados.

Edited by Biker19
1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

While there might be one or two teen only Flowrider sessions, the regular sessions will very likely be quite crowded with older customers. TAs attract Flowrider aficionados.

Agreed.  Our TA on Symphony had less than a dozen kids.  Every day all day the line for flowrider was alway 6 or more waiting on both flow riders.  Much longer wait time on the surfer side, seemed like a lot of old timer pros refused to fall down.  Tip to the OP, have your son bring a rash guard t shirt. 

28 minutes ago, Guilhas said:

How much did the cruise cost?

Indy deck 10 forward balcony around $1200pp with Dl discount. Symphony deck 12 1c balcony about $1500 pp with DL discount. Allure 2020 westbound TA 1c balcony, the only one with a booking copy in front of me,  $1410 pp with DL discount. We always book 12 - 18 months out for best price.Always use Royals Air2Sea for flights from LAX , usually around $650 to $800 pp for one way premium economy, standard economy runs under $350.00.  Always fly JetBlue FLL to Lax after cruise and is about $185 pp with more space option. Hotels are a killer, wife only wants, and gets, 4 or 5 star tourist trap downtown hotels with breakfast included and a 3 night minimum stay. happy cruising.  

Edited by taglovestocruise