Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
rtlk

Looking to find Dona Beatriz LICOR de MANDARINA

Ever since we went on a Mex Rivera cruise and found a bottle of "Licor de Mandarina" in a bottle shop in Cabo or PV, we have hunted for this great Mandarin Liqueur.

Has anyone found this, we will be in Cabo and Ensenada in the next few weeks and would like to buy several bottles!!  Thank you in advance, for helping!!!!

Am wondering if you mean "Licor de Manzana" which is an apple based liquor.

Hank

No it is "Dona Beatriz"  "Licor de Mandarina"  I'm taking it right off the empty bottle  bought it several years ago in Puerto Vallarta

Vallarta has several demonstration tequila distilleries.  These are often part of a "Tequilla Tour" and feature some of the product they make.  This includes regular and flavored tequila's.  We happen to visit the Mama Lucia facility some years ago.  Typically, they are only available at the demonstration distillery.

I did find a TripAdvisor posting that said the specific brand of Mandarin Orange flavored Tequila you are looking for was being sold at a little flea market on the Malecon.  It is just down from the McDonalds with its entrance near the Redneck Sombrero.

Flavored Tequila products are pretty common in the various tourist tequila shops on/around the Malecon.  

Enjoy!

Sorry, but can't help you with that product.   In PV (and Cabo) there are many Tequila shops (often a front for Time Share Salespeople) that sell lots of colorful bottles of product (often some kind of Tequila or related liquors).  A lot of stuff sold in those shops is primarily for the tourist market and can be special items just labeled for those shops.  Like most who live in Mexico (part of the year) we never set foot in those places so I am not familiar with the off-brand stuff.  If you were to ask me where to buy (in Puerto Vallarta) good booze at fair prices I would quickly recommend Costco, Le Playa, and Vinos America (our favorite wine/booze shop).

Hank