Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Bingotommy

What is the best thing on the Carnival Dream

Recommended Posts

I have been on a couple of cruises on Carnival but never the Dream. I have a few people that this will be their first cruise and they want to know what is on everyone’s must do list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must go to the spa!  You don’t need to buy a service just a day pass.  The thalassotherapy pool and steam rooms are heaven!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following: We are travelling on her over Christmas. What's the coolest artwork on board? Neatest bar? Secret decks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the Deck 5 external promenade, on ALL the Dream class ships. Great place to relax, in either shade or sun.....without the crowds of the pool area. Plus, if you're a jogger / walker, it's a terrific alternative to the track, IF you go early enough (and don't bother the folks out lounging). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been on the Dream four times and think it's a great ship. Honestly, the best thing about it is Tandoor - the Indian quick service lunch spot on the back of the ship. If you enjoy Indian food, it's great. And the best thing about it is that even during the most crowded parts of the lunch rush, it's usually open with little or no line whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A) Alchemy Bar

 

B) Guy's Burgers

 

C) Dive In Movies

 

D) Lunch, free,at Captain's Cucina

 

 

I always think I've sailed on the Dream but my signature betrays my memory...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

A) Alchemy Bar

 

B) Guy's Burgers

 

C) Dive In Movies

 

D) Lunch, free,at Captain's Cucina

 

 

I always think I've sailed on the Dream but my signature betrays my memory...

All of the above. And, the atrium bar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterOJ2 said:

I've been on the Dream four times and think it's a great ship. Honestly, the best thing about it is Tandoor - the Indian quick service lunch spot on the back of the ship. If you enjoy Indian food, it's great. And the best thing about it is that even during the most crowded parts of the lunch rush, it's usually open with little or no line whatsoever.

I believe the Splendor the only ship that still has the Tandoor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

I believe the Splendor the only ship that still has the Tandoor

 

Did they just get rid of it on the Dream in the last year? It was still there when I cruised on it last October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

 

Did they just get rid of it on the Dream in the last year? It was still there when I cruised on it last October.

It wasn't there in April. I was disappointed. Just got off the Splendor and enjoyed it everyday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

It wasn't there in April. I was disappointed. Just got off the Splendor and enjoyed it everyday!

 

Well, crap. I hate to hear that. But, I understand why they would get rid of it. It was really underutilized by most of the passengers.

 

 What did they put in the place where Tandoor used to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now it's Ben Gentry, the piano bar entertainer :)  He's on the ship until November 7th.

 

I love the Dream class spas, the thalassotherapy pools and thermal loungers are worth paying extra for if you don't have a spa cabin IMO......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Gentry the piano bar player ,,and The shows in the main theater , The dancers/singers are the ones singing ,not canned music like most ships , Live band to  ,, The group od singers/dancers were just voted  #1 in the Carnival fleet in a poll a few weeks back by John Hearld  . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was on it in February. Was excited to try Tandoor, but it was sadly gone. As far as what is unique to the Dream, it is fairly similar to many of your other Carnival ships, just bigger than most classes. A few things I enjoyed that you don't always see was the large amount of TVs in the casino (although at the loss of SkyBox), guys pig and anchor bbq, and a ton of hot tubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 10:11 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

A) Alchemy Bar

 

B) Guy's Burgers

 

C) Dive In Movies

 

D) Lunch, free,at Captain's Cucina

 

 

I always think I've sailed on the Dream but my signature betrays my memory...

Is D similar to Cucina del Capitano?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JQTravels said:

Is D similar to Cucina del Capitano?

No, it's just a pasta bar; you choose the type of pasta you want, the sauce, and any add ons.  I think they have lasagne, salad, and bread as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LibratPDX said:

No, it's just a pasta bar; you choose the type of pasta you want, the sauce, and any add ons.  I think they have lasagne, salad, and bread as well.

Thanks for the information!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...