Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Radarhog

Adult Beverage Package

OK, after all the advice I got on choosing a beverage package as a Free at Sea offer. Myself and my travel agent along with a rep from NCL chose the Premium Beverage Package. I paid the tips which came to $514 for two of us. 

Now on my summary it shows we have the "Adult Beverage Package". 

Can't find this listed anywhere on NCL's site. What is it. What does it include? Am I being given the old bait and switch? 

Tired of all this name changing, game playing, runaround. I just want a cold beverage when I want one. No questions.

Relax, its the beverage package you signed up for...   with ADULT meaning you have to be 21 and older to purchase it.

Here's what you expect:  Premium Beverage Package (formerly UBP)

Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD during your entire cruise.

Prepaid @ $99.00 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 20% gratuity and beverage service charge or offered as "free at sea promo" for the cost of the 20% gratuity/service charge.

other cruise lines include the tips with the beverage package. NCL is charging for $100 a day no matter how few drinks you order.

7 hours ago, Radarhog said:

OK, after all the advice I got on choosing a beverage package as a Free at Sea offer. Myself and my travel agent along with a rep from NCL chose the Premium Beverage Package. I paid the tips which came to $514 for two of us. 

Can't find this listed anywhere on NCL's site. What is it. What does it include? Am I being given the old bait and switch? 

Tired of all this name changing, game playing, runaround. I just want a cold beverage when I want one. No questions.

No one is playing games with you or giving you a runaround.

You can get a cold beverage whenever you want it - as long as it is $15 or less.  If you want a more expensive beverage, you just pay the difference plus gratuity on the amount of the difference.  

Just so you understand, you cannot get drinks  through the package via room service or mini bar - those are not included.

11 hours ago, Radarhog said:

Definitely sounds like you need a drink! 

Here’s a list of the included liquors that they can use to make hundreds of cocktails.

Please be sure to read the fine print at the bottom.

3 hours ago, SeaBands said:

other cruise lines include the tips with the beverage package. NCL is charging for $100 a day no matter how few drinks you order.

Huh?  Royal's drink package has a set price and then adds on an included gratuity as well.  Same flat price no matter how many drinks you end up with.  Same policy/concept here.

Carnival's is the same - a specific daily rate, but they add gratuity on top of that.  I think it is 18%.  We don't ever buy it because we probably wouldn't get our money's worth.  I was confused over the name change as well.  We have it on our upcoming NCL cruise only because it was one of those free at sea things.  Of course, we still have to pay gratuities.