When to be on board/Embarkation day

Our flight gets into Rome at 9:30 am.  Unfortunately the day we leave Vatican City is closed and we cannot tour (All Saints Day).  We were thinking of doing a tour of just Vatican City on embarkation day and then see the rest of Rome sights on the debarkation day.  The ship leaves port at 7:00pm.  But how do I know when we have to be on board for muster drill?

I so agree with freestyle! If you can it would be so relaxing being able to come into Rome a day early! For us we always come into port several days early. Reason? 1: you never know possibilities of a problem with airlines, strikes, or weather. We like having some flexibility. Of course we are now retired and have the freedom. 

We did the tour of Vatican City and the line was forever, but this was in September of 2017. That would be a concern also. 

What ever you do have a fantastic cruise 

and enjoy Rome!  Muster drill is 4pm and I believe you need to be on ship by 3. 

Smooth sailings

Denise😊

You are cruising this month? October?  (All Saints Day is Nov 1st.)

You should be able to download your embarkation documents etc, which should give an 'all aboard time'.

With a 7pm departure, I would not expect the drill to be held before 5 pm as many pax will be touring etc.

With a private transfer, (note private is the key word!) Vaticano to Civitavecchia should take about 1h 20mins.

Remember you will be jet lagged from the flight.  Don't try to do too much!

41 minutes ago, I like vacation said:

We depart Civatavecchia at 6 pm next Monday, October 7th.  The passenger emergency drill is scheduled for 3:45 pm. YMMV.

All the times cruising with HAL in the Mes and leaving around 6-7pm it is around that time for muster drills.

Thanks for clarifying 

Denise😊

5 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

You are cruising this month? October?  (All Saints Day is Nov 1st.)

You should be able to download your embarkation documents etc, which should give an 'all aboard time'.

With a 7pm departure, I would not expect the drill to be held before 5 pm as many pax will be touring etc.

With a private transfer, (note private is the key word!) Vaticano to Civitavecchia should take about 1h 20mins.

Remember you will be jet lagged from the flight.  Don't try to do too much!

I looked on my e-docs and couldn't find the information.  My TA let me know I have to be on board by 5:00.  No later.

We are boarding the Westerdam in Hong Kong where it leaves at 11PM.  It is too early to check in and get our boarding documents so I am wondering when we should board the ship.  One clue I have is that Flight Ease is encouraging me to arrive in Hong Kong about 8 PM.  I have disregarded that and am arriving early in the morning.  With the ship departing so late at night, I wonder when the emergency drill will be held.  Doesn't seem practical to have it late at night, but I don't think it is legal to have it after we are underway the next day.

IIRC, our muster in Hong Kong was at 7:00 PM, possibly 7:15 or 7:30. People at early dinner were finished, and main seating was delayed a bit. I don't know how it was handled for open sitting dinner for those who came too late to be finished by muster time.