Marseille cruise port..............

rsalih

Hi all. Does anyone know if there are large taxis or minibuses outside the cruise port in Marseille .. On other cruises that i have been on there are usually plenty. does this apply in Marseille .. TİA

5 hours ago, rsalih said:

Hi all. Does anyone know if there are large taxis or minibuses outside the cruise port in Marseille .. On other cruises that i have been on there are usually plenty. does this apply in Marseille .. TİA

Post on the Ports of Call board, you should get more replies.

Here you go:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/462-france-ports/

Edited by G.M.T.

Just back from Pacifica from Marseille it is a very long walk from ship to taxi ranks, however there are plenty of taxis waiting we had a large six seater for two of us he put my wheelchair in the back without folding it up. The cost from port to Airport was 45 going out and 47 back.

Joke of the cruise, you now book in at the MSC terminal before walking through tunnel to the ship at the Costa stand.

Yes the taxi we had sat eight or nine with one in front next to driver.

If you want to be sure or have flight times you can pre-book via Marseille Taxis.

There were just two people carriers (8-10) there when we left in the rank, but looked like others entering the port which we noticed on our way out.

There's a main terminal plus a secondary across the road via walkway. Costa only boards a couple of hundred people in Marseille, I can recall a couple of times using the secondary terminal, but mostly the main building, which is not an unusually long walk. Biggest complaint- no WiFi in the terminal while waiting.

Edited by Dancer Bob

We checked in for our latest cruise in the MSC terminal not particularly long walk but far enough if slightly disabled.

Marseille is the pits but we get great flights there & so easy from home to terminal that's where  it ends, we have used it three times now each time very rude staff and very little help boarding.