Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Cruise4Jesus

Seaside Guarantee Cabin Question

Recommended Posts

I have a quick question for anyone who has recently done a guarantee cabin on the Seaside. We sail next weekend Oct 12, but haven't had our cabin assigned as of yet, so I was wanting to see when others may have of had their cabins assigned, and any luck with upgrades. Thanks in advance for any information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I'm also on this sailing (and I'm a TA). I called the TA number yesterday and was told that they can assign a guarantee cabin up until 1 day prior to sailing, eek!!

 

I'm in a Bella Balcony gurantee and can see their inventory. There are none of those left, so atleast I'd be upgraded to a Fantastica Balcony. 

 

What kind of guarantee category are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guarantee cabins can be assigned at any time up to and including boarding.. patience 

In general, most cabins are assigned by about 4 days or so before sailing. You may or may not get an upgraded cabin, but you don't get the upgraded Experience items.. ie if you booked a Bella cabin, and get upgraded to an Aurea cabin, you don't get the Aurea perks, just the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, KarenGretz said:

Hello! I'm also on this sailing (and I'm a TA). I called the TA number yesterday and was told that they can assign a guarantee cabin up until 1 day prior to sailing, eek!!

 

I'm in a Bella Balcony gurantee and can see their inventory. There are none of those left, so atleast I'd be upgraded to a Fantastica Balcony. 

 

What kind of guarantee category are you?

Thanks, we did a Bella interior cabin.

Edited by Cruise4Jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Guarantee cabins can be assigned at any time up to and including boarding.. patience 

In general, most cabins are assigned by about 4 days or so before sailing. You may or may not get an upgraded cabin, but you don't get the upgraded Experience items.. ie if you booked a Bella cabin, and get upgraded to an Aurea cabin, you don't get the Aurea perks, just the room.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, the only available cabins for booking are:

YC1    Yacht Club Deluxe Suite    
SJ3    Aurea Suite with Whirlpool Tub    
S3    Aurea Suite    
S2    Fantastica Suite    

B3    Aurea Balcony Stateroom    
B2    Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

 

No guarantees are available to book. Doesn't mean that you'll get one of these though. Be sure and come back and post when you are assigned!!

16 minutes ago, Cruise4Jesus said:

Thanks, we did a Bella interior cabin.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KarenGretz said:

At this point, the only available cabins for booking are:

YC1    Yacht Club Deluxe Suite    
SJ3    Aurea Suite with Whirlpool Tub    
S3    Aurea Suite    
S2    Fantastica Suite    

B3    Aurea Balcony Stateroom    
B2    Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

 

No guarantees are available to book. Doesn't mean that you'll get one of these though. Be sure and come back and post when you are assigned!!

 

It appears to be look good for a upgrade, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the implementation of the bidding system I don't think MSC is going to assign guarantee cabins until last minute.  Additionally the chances of a free upgrade for "sold out" categories is likely to decrease.  MSC will wait to see what bids they get for upgrades then assign any non bid guarantee bookings to the vacated cabins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recently  booked and sailed an inside Bella. I was pleased to be upgraded to a Fantastica Balcony but still Bella level. I got my cabin assignment 3-4 weeks before sailing. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the bidding gimmick, I was advised that if I booked an OV gty, I was almost sure to be upgraded to a balcony.  Checking the deck plans, I saw that there were 80 OV cabins, about equally divided between Bella and Fantastica.  And over 1200 balconies.  I rolled the dice and booked a Fantastica OV gty.  I was afraid if I booked Bella, I might be upgraded to the Fantastica OV...  After a few weeks I had a Fantastica balcony.  I would do it again, but would be perfectly happy to get the OV.  The same equation stands for Meraviglia, but I haven't heard of any GTY upgrades there...EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also on this sailing. Just booked the cruise at the end of August. Booked a Bella balcony and bid for a suite upgrade. My upgrade was successful as of a few days ago. Friends of ours are booked in two Bella balconies and their cabins have not been assigned either. I am also an agent and called MSC last week - rep said that assignments are usually made at the four-or five-day mark or they may get their cabin at check in. Assured me that our friends reservations are fine and "they will have a bed to sleep in and a place to put their head." Also said that because of all of these promotions lately, the inventory department is backlogged. When I called last week, my own cabin had not been assigned yet either. Also had some BDM's contact MSC and was told that the assignments would probably come "this week" but that was last week. Mine came through but not our friends. I've always booked MSC guarantees and assignments were always made by three weeks to departure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jdvmd said:

I'm also on this sailing. Just booked the cruise at the end of August. Booked a Bella balcony and bid for a suite upgrade. My upgrade was successful as of a few days ago. Friends of ours are booked in two Bella balconies and their cabins have not been assigned either. I am also an agent and called MSC last week - rep said that assignments are usually made at the four-or five-day mark or they may get their cabin at check in. Assured me that our friends reservations are fine and "they will have a bed to sleep in and a place to put their head." Also said that because of all of these promotions lately, the inventory department is backlogged. When I called last week, my own cabin had not been assigned yet either. Also had some BDM's contact MSC and was told that the assignments would probably come "this week" but that was last week. Mine came through but not our friends. I've always booked MSC guarantees and assignments were always made by three weeks to departure.

Thanks for the information. I actually called customer service today and was told they were behind due to the Meraviglia and might be as close as 3 days out. I think I will call again tomorrow just to check again, will probably be given a different reason why they behind. Personally I have always had the cabin assignment several weeks out at a minimum.

I might have of coincidently replied  to you another topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Cruise4Jesus said:

Thanks for the information. I actually called customer service today and was told they were behind due to the Meraviglia and might be as close as 3 days out. I think I will call again tomorrow just to check again, will probably be given a different reason why they behind. Personally I have always had the cabin assignment several weeks out at a minimum.

I might have of coincidently replied  to you another topic.

Cruise4Jesus, our friends' cabins were just assigned this morning and I have forwarded their e-tickets. Have you gotten your assignment yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jdvmd said:

Cruise4Jesus, our friends' cabins were just assigned this morning and I have forwarded their e-tickets. Have you gotten your assignment yet?

jvdmd, we did finally get the assignment yesterday. I checked and e-tickets were emailed.We were blessed to get an upgrade to balcony, so guarantee gamble paid off. Saturday morning cant get here quick enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an Aura Balcony for my Bella Balcony guarantee. I'm a TA and travelling under the Get Onboard promo, so I'm happy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2019
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...