NCL practically giving away cruises for free

CruisingNole

If any of you in Florida have the flexibility to do a last minute sailing, NCL is practically giving away 3-5 night Bahamas cruises through the remainder of the year. I saw one for as little as $100pp for an interior sailaway, $149 for interior guarantee with drink package. Taxes and port fees are more than the cruise fare. OBC offered through TA essentially covering entire DSC.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CruisingNole said:

OBC offered through TA essentially covering entire DSC.

Isn’t most onboard credit offered by travel agents the non-refundable kind, which can’t be used for daily service charges?

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/travel-blog/how-to-onboard-credit

Note: Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.”

Regardless, $150/person with drink package is quite the deal. Wish I had that option coming from Canada. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ev98 said:

Isn’t most onboard credit offered by travel agents the non-refundable kind, which can’t be used for daily service charges?

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/travel-blog/how-to-onboard-credit

Note: Onboard credit has no monetary value and is non-transferable. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities.”

Regardless, $150/person with drink package is quite the deal. Wish I had that option coming from Canada. 

OBC offered by TA’s is usually (always?) refundable and can be used for DSC. OBC offered by NCL is non-refundable and cant be used for DSC. 

2 hours ago, mnventure said:

OBC offered by TA’s is usually (always?) refundable and can be used for DSC. OBC offered by NCL is non-refundable and cant be used for DSC. 

Correct. I’ve never had OBC from a TA that wasn’t refundable. I always apply it to DSC and then if anything is left, I go home with it.

6 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

If any of you in Florida have the flexibility to do a last minute sailing, NCL is practically giving away 3-5 night Bahamas cruises through the remainder of the year. I saw one for as little as $100pp for an interior sailaway, $149 for interior guarantee with drink package. Taxes and port fees are more than the cruise fare. OBC offered through TA essentially covering entire DSC.

Drink package is approx. $150 more. Than the sail away rates.   Plus the taxes.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budget Queen said:

Drink package is approx. $150 more. Than the sail away rates.   Plus the taxes.    

Incorrect. $50pp more for every one I checked. I’m booked on one. 😉

This is Labor Day weekend on Pearl. $129 sail away vs $179 interior with one perk. Live on NCL.com as I type this.

78D9E186-56F4-468B-A316-26203ACFCA58.png

26 minutes ago, hallux said:

Nope, not always...

OBC.PNG

2 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

This is Labor Day weekend on Pearl. $129 sail away vs $179 interior with one perk. Live on NCL.com as I type this.

AND. You have completely neglected to mention the $100 additional gratuity.    My post is correct $150. MORE.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

You may want to check that again. We are past Labor Day (which was LAST MONTH) so it doesn't seem as though that could be live right now.

10 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

DSC on three nights is $45pp and on five nights is $75pp. Not seeing how any TA could "give" someone that much OBC with $100 or $149 fares. I don't think they could give you that much OBC even if they kicked back 100% of their commission.

You try to do something nice for people by alerting them to a good deal and they find a reason to try to discredit, complain, and be all around miserable. Good God, So sorry for trying to be helpful. I thought that’s what this forum was for. Bunch of miserable old curmudgeons.

Have a lovely weekend.

Edited by CruisingNole
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

You try to do something nice for people by alerting them to a good deal and they find a reason to try to discredit, complain, and be all around miserable. Good God, So sorry for trying to be helpful. I thought that’s what this forum was for. Bunch of miserable old curmudgeons.

Have a lovely weeekend.

Unfortunately it's the sign of times, someone ALWAYS has to pick things apart. You are correct to most your thread could be helpful . To others their way is the only way.

There is so much negativity daily not sure how some survive.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wait . . . so now expecting factual information (as I can't see any possible way that giving incorrect information is helpful) is wrong?

Sheesh...that is a funny standard on a forum where people go ballistic if an NCL phone rep "dares" to give out wrong information.

There really are some great last minute deals on short cruises this fall.  Sometimes they are reducing or eliminating the solo supplement at the very end, too.  That has an odd impact on us as a couple...it is cheaper to book a solo balcony plus a solo interior than to book a double balcony.  And booking separate cabins increases the Platinum benefits, too.  

• Like 2

Re OBC from TAs - the TA I use offers me my choice of OBC or the same amount credited to my cruise fare.  Those of you with TA OBC offers, you should ask if the TA will just credit it against your fare instead.

30 minutes ago, CruisingNole said:

Have a lovely weekend.

Look in the mirror. You claimed I was incorrect?   

Better to have complete information. Especially since recently the drink inclusion was discontinued from this ship,  and some people may not be up to date 

9 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Look in the mirror. You claimed I was incorrect?   

Better to have complete information. Especially since recently the drink inclusion was discontinued from this ship,  and some people may not be up to date 

This is for the Pearl...the drink inclusion was discontinued from the Sun/Sky.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruisingNole said:

Yep! I just booked 4 night sailing in 2 weeks.  $345 inclusive,  single occupancy rate.  Could not pass it up.  A little R & R for mom 🙂 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

AND. You have completely neglected to mention the $100 additional gratuity.    My post is correct $150. MORE.   

I'm not sure why I was quoted, I was simply pointing out that TA-gifted OBC is not always refundable...