cheers policy change question? buying off cheers package

turbot72lou1

• 1 year later...
On 10/4/2019 at 8:30 PM, James4me said:

I heard that before you reach your 15 drink limit you can just buy a drink or bucket if you want.  If you try this after the 15 drink limit you’ll be cut off.  

I did this on Panorama in January before all heck broke lose. Bought a bucket from Pig and Anchor and paid for it with sign and sale. On a previous cruise I have also bought bottles of wine at dinner while having Cheers and it was not a problem. The hard part is finding buckets of beer. I have also been told that I couldn't purchase those large shareable beers or fishbowls while poolside because I had Cheers. It seems to be hit or miss and as others have stated, depends on the server/bartender. You can also buy bottles to your cabin while also having the cheers package so it seems a bit inconsistent. I'll bet when they resume cruising, you'll be able to spend freely and this will be clarified. Alcohol is a huge money maker and I don't see them refusing money when things start back up. Some folks also just want to buy drinks for others without it counting against the hard 15 limit. Quite frankly, the nanny nonsense is irritating and doesn't make a lot of sense (fiscally and consistently).    

16 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I tried to purchase a bucket of beer when I was on the Valor this past December and was refused. I tried a few times.

I would be very upset by this.

I think the problem, inherently, is that the training of the staff is not there.  This is a Carnival Program, and Carnival should understand how their own program works across the board.