Back to Back cruises

JAN2321

We are doing our first back to back cruises on Crown Princess next year and wondered if anyone could tell us how this works.  We are going out of Southampton and back in a week and then going out again for ten days.  We have to change cabins as we could not book the same one for both.  We are moving from suite C749 to C750 and wondered how we move our things or if our steward would help us.  Can we stay on board and use the ship as normal - breakfast in Sabatinis etc.  Any information would be helpful thanks.  

Yes. You pack the things in drawers and on shelves into your suitcase. Your steward will move everything, including everything hanging, into your new cabin. You can stay onboard and enjoy the time on the ship or you can get off, explore and return at your leisure. 

• Like 1

Regarding the ship, treat it as any other port day, stay on or get off and explore. Speak with your cabin steward during the first cruise. The cabin steward will organize the move. If you do not have the same cabin steward, which is likely since your are in a different section of cabins, then introduce yourself to your new cabin steward during your first cruise. It's good to keep as much on hangers in the closet as possible. These belongings will be moved on hangers and hung in the closet in your new cabin. You can probably move some items on your own once the previous passengers have left the cabin. Examples, items that you keep in your cabin safe, and some bathroom items like toothbrushes, toothpaste.

If you have not explored Southampton it's a great place to walk around.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JAN2321 said:

We are doing our first back to back cruises on Crown Princess next year and wondered if anyone could tell us how this works.  We are going out of Southampton and back in a week and then going out again for ten days.  We have to change cabins as we could not book the same one for both.  We are moving from suite C749 to C750 and wondered how we move our things or if our steward would help us.  Can we stay on board and use the ship as normal - breakfast in Sabatinis etc.  Any information would be helpful thanks.  

I recently started a thread that related to B2B (or cruises planned very close to one another) cruises and an issue we had when we had to file a Princes travel insurance claim.  

If you haven’t read it I suggest you take a few minutes and do so. 

It can be found here:  

Chris

We did a B2B2B on Celebrity, but procedures will vary depending on the location of the switch.  We had three different cabins, Balcony, Suite, Balcony.  Our first switch was in Southampton.  We packed up suitcases (except hanging) and they brought a rolling hanging cart to room and took everything to new room.  We took our laptop, personal items and did a ships excursion.  We had received a new cabin keys before we left.  On the second switch we were in Amsterdam.  We did not leave the ship, but again packed up suitcases, left the closet hanging stuff and everything was moved for us.  We waited in the lounge area until they said we could go to our rooms and everything was there.  

They make it very easy to move and get the new keys/cards.

Southampton is very easy. On thing, you might like to check with passenger services is that, dependant on your nationality you might be required to be checked by the port officials. By the way there is no need to go to lifeboat drill again for the second leg of your b to b😉

3 hours ago, gottagocit said:

I recently started a thread that related to B2B (or cruises planned very close to one another) cruises and an issue we had when we had to file a Princes travel insurance claim.  

If you haven’t read it I suggest you take a few minutes and do so. 

It can be found here:  

Chris

I am confused.  What does that post have to do with the OP's question about back to back cruises?

1 hour ago, steelers36 said:

It is tangentially related in that it discusses insurance coverage when going on B2B(2B2B...) voyages.

Precisely.

It’s simply something many may want to consider with arranging easyair flights for B2B cruises. 

Thanks

Just a quick question. On the Sky we will be on the ship from Nov 3 and doing all 3 legs to get back to Fort Lauderdale. As this is a 3 leg trip will the ship have the top 40 MT(Most Traveled) get together on all 3 legs, and if so, if you are in the top 40 for the first  leg  does this mean you will not be considered on the top 40 for the other legs. Or, do you find you would be included in all the legs if you are in the top 40. I don't think we will be in the top 40 this trip, last time we crossed the Atlantic you needed well over 550 days, but we are getting closer so I was just curious.

5 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

Just a quick question. On the Sky we will be on the ship from Nov 3 and doing all 3 legs to get back to Fort Lauderdale. As this is a 3 leg trip will the ship have the top 40 MT(Most Traveled) get together on all 3 legs, and if so, if you are in the top 40 for the first  leg  does this mean you will not be considered on the top 40 for the other legs. Or, do you find you would be included in all the legs if you are in the top 40. I don't think we will be in the top 40 this trip, last time we crossed the Atlantic you needed well over 550 days, but we are getting closer so I was just curious.

You might try posting a new thread to get the right folks to see the post.  That said, having read a number of these posts, I would offer the following:

1. They have a MTP recognition on every voyage/cruise.
  2. It may not be a lunch with Captain every time.  It could be a cocktail reception.
  3. As I understand it, if a customer qualifies in the top group on every cruise of a B2B2B(etc) voyage, then they get invited to all.