Free specialty dining offer coming 10/10

rocklinmom

For those of us booked with the 3 For Free or Great Escapes promos, now they are going to offer a bonus of free specialty dining. The promo starts Thursday 10/10 and goes until the 17th. It doesn't say if it is for new bookings only or if it will be refundable deposit or not. I will be checking on the 10th and also seeing what the fares do. If our fares stay the same and the deposit stays refundable (hopefully) this would be a great way to add a nice dinner at Crown Grill or Sabatini's (and it is for all guests). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For us, specialty dining is not enticing. We simply can't eat the amount of food they serve. On our last cruise we had free specialty dining and the staff in Crown Grill seemed positively peeved with us. We not only didn't finish the dinner but also didn't have dessert. They acted like it was an insult to them. We just ate until we were full and then stopped eating. When I was younger I would have loved this perk. I used to always order a 22 oz Porterhouse or Ribeye and scarf it down. Now I can barely manage an 8 oz Filet and the extras that come with the dinner make it too much food.

• Like 6

On 10/5/2019 at 9:47 AM, rocklinmom said:

For those of us booked with the 3 For Free or Great Escapes promos, now they are going to offer a bonus of free specialty dining. The promo starts Thursday 10/10 and goes until the 17th. It doesn't say if it is for new bookings only or if it will be refundable deposit or not. I will be checking on the 10th and also seeing what the fares do. If our fares stay the same and the deposit stays refundable (hopefully) this would be a great way to add a nice dinner at Crown Grill or Sabatini's (and it is for all guests). 

Would this not have to be new booking or lose what booked under before?  I booked with the airfare credit.  I really would like to hold that credit unless the price happened to drop enough to justify 

8 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

Would this not have to be new booking or lose what booked under before?  I booked with the airfare credit.  I really would like to hold that credit unless the price happened to drop enough to justify 

If you switch to this promotion, then you would lose perks that are not currently offered with this promotion such as your airfare credit.

I just booked a 3 for free cruise and got the usual lower fare, OBC, and free gratuities.  BUT, I also got 2 $32 bottles of wine, and one specialty dinner for two!!!  So go in and pretend to book a cruise(just don't pay!Grin) and see if you aren't already getting the free dinner (and don't forget the wine-at $32 each Princess is quick to state!)

Pooh

Currently booked under the Great Escape promo ($75 Shore Excursion Credit). This morning I checked and the pricing of the cruise went up by about $20 each with the week sale including Speciality Dining.    

However, well I clicked on my voyage and selected the same category of room it stated "For a limited time, get FREE Specialty Dining for everyone in a stateroom, PLUS FREE gratuities††, FREE stateroom location upgrade, and FREE onboard spending money‡‡. "

I have spoken with Princess and they were able to see the same offer on the website, however their system doesn't allow it to be booked.  Been transferred to customer relations as they agree that since the website shows all these offers they need to find a way to attach them..... been an hour so far waiting on hold while they figure it out.   Thankfully they appear to be on my side here and I am not the only one who has been "lucky" to catch this before they correct the website. 

• Thanks 1

I am currently booked under the Great Escapes promotion....my sailing does not qualify for 3FF.  This morning, I noticed a price drop of $85pp in my category so I called to re-fare my booking.  The agent said she could also add specialty dining.  Apparently the promo code for specialty dining has not been added to the system yet and will be by the end of the day.  Notes were put in my booking to add specialty dining.

• Thanks 1

I had my TA call this morning and they were able to add it to my booking.  I did not need to cancel and re-book.  However, on the confirmation I received, it does kind of look like it was added as a gift from the TA, and not as part of the new promotion.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, flyboy88 said:

Currently booked under the Great Escape promo ($75 Shore Excursion Credit). This morning I checked and the pricing of the cruise went up by about $20 each with the week sale including Speciality Dining.    

However, well I clicked on my voyage and selected the same category of room it stated "For a limited time, get FREE Specialty Dining for everyone in a stateroom, PLUS FREE gratuities††, FREE stateroom location upgrade, and FREE onboard spending money‡‡. "

I have spoken with Princess and they were able to see the same offer on the website, however their system doesn't allow it to be booked.  Been transferred to customer relations as they agree that since the website shows all these offers they need to find a way to attach them..... been an hour so far waiting on hold while they figure it out.   Thankfully they appear to be on my side here and I am not the only one who has been "lucky" to catch this before they correct the website. 

Princess took accountability and added all the above mentioned promotions to my Great Escape booking for Feb.   This cruise has turned a pretty good value so far. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Wait, so you can't even get this free specialty dining promo yet??  I need to call in and refare with it for four cabins.  They are saying that it can't be processed in their system, even though it starts today?

It looks like Welly World was able to have specialty dining added this morning so they probably have the promo added now.  You could probably get it added now or wait till later this afternoon and give them a call.  I was on hold 25 minutes this morning while they tried to figure out what was going on with the promo.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, kpauley said:

It looks like Welly World was able to have specialty dining added this morning so they probably have the promo added now.  You could probably get it added now or wait till later this afternoon and give them a call.  I was on hold 25 minutes this morning while they tried to figure out what was going on with the promo.

In our case, our cruise fare would go up $100 per person under this new promotion (N9J).

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I can't get this promotion;  I have a suite booked and there are no more available;  so I can't cancel and rebook because I don't have another suite to move to.  

Oh shoot, forgot about that. My sister has an S4 booked and it looks like they are all sold out now. So she wouldn't be able to get this, but the rest of us should be ok. She gets a free specialty restaurant dinner the first night anyway with her suite. 

Just spent only 5 minutes on the phone with Princess and was able to refare(already had this promotion including wine!) only for my cruise that I just initially booked on 10/7.  Fare went down $125pp.  So check your cruise as if you are going to book, and see if your fare went down too.  Mine is for Alaska this coming July.

Pooh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Just spent only 5 minutes on the phone with Princess and was able to refare(already had this promotion including wine!) only for my cruise that I just initially booked on 10/7.  Fare went down $125pp.  So check your cruise as if you are going to book, and see if your fare went down too.  Mine is for Alaska this coming July.

Pooh

Already did what you suggest. Under this new promotion that would include the 3 for Free and Specialty dinner fare is up $100 per person.