Dining times

Sometimes it is frustrating when you are trying to explain something in a nice way, yet it is not understood.  I probably should have used the word "tables" instead of "seats" but it is really not confusing.

My point was that reserved seats/tables (having nothing whatsoever to do with dining reservations for specialty restaurants) are not permitted on Regent - not in CR - not in specialty restaurants.  Jason O'Keefe said it so well in one sentence.  To review:

The TS posted: "can you pre-book specific tables in the speciality restaurants? For example, a window table for two.

I posted Jason O'Keefe's reply which was, in part, "............I can confirm we do not allow dining tables to be reserved".

In my opinion, that should have been the end of it!

• Haha 1

Post #9 should have been the end of it! Questions had been asked; simple, comprehensive answers had been given; and the OP was happy.

..................... but this thread then took the same convoluted course as do many threads on this Board. I wonder why?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Flossie's post explained the policy that the OP was asking about very clearly......but since no one is on  board every ship for every sailing.....like it or not, exceptions have been noted to the official rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

Post #9 should have been the end of it! Questions had been asked; simple, comprehensive answers had been given; and the OP was happy.

..................... but this thread then took the same convoluted course as do many threads on this Board. I wonder why?

"should have" is an interesting comment as the only way a thread ends is when people stop making comments.  When incorrect or unclear comments are posted, there are more questions and then answers.  In my opinion, the thread should have ended with Jason O'Keefe's thread as he gave the definitive answer.  Since you feel the way that you do, I'm not sure why you kept posting after post #9?

This thread was definitely not convoluted but rather, IMHO, it was questioned to death and at least one poster brought in other issues.  This is how threads seem to go.  No one person or person(s) cause this to happen.  It is the nature of the beast.  

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Haha 1

I didn’t really want to jump in the middle of this one, but I think we got off track on what exactly a reservation is....

While you need a reservation for the specialty restaurants, you can’t reserve a specific table.  You may request a specific table, however, and they’ll accommodate you if possible.

You can’t reserve anything in CR or LV, period.

Sound about right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3