Am I able to cancel a specialty dining reservation while on board with out being char

Angela2017

Am I able to cancel a specialty dining reservation while on board with out being charged?  Or do I have to do it before we sail?

I booked a reservation when we are planing to do an excursion, however if the weather is bad, we will probably stick with the dinner reservation...  Can i cancel the day of or will they deduct is as on of our 5 specialty dining meals ( included with the package)?

2 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

Here's a thread from a couple years ago discussing this topic.

You'll definitely want clarification on the ship in addition to any answers you get here.

That's a four year old thread from the Princess Cruise Line forum.

You can definitely cancel your reservations once you are onboard.  On each of the ships I've been on there is a speciality restaurants desk set up in the atrium (though it's only staffed at certain times of the day).   On each of my past 3 sailings I've gone to it to move around reservation times and changed restaurants entirely (effectively cancelling one and booking a new one). 

I've never waited until the last minute to do it, nor have I ever done a complete no-show, so I don't know if there is an expected notice period, but I would think as long as you are reasonable they will be too. 

• Like 2

Once you're aboard you should also be able to use the NCL app on your smartphone to cancel, change & make specialty restaurant reservations.  At that point you'll be directly accessing the individual ship's reservation system rather than going through the main "ncl.com" website you're accessing right now.  We were able to do this on Get/BreakAway when we were sailing on those two ships.

I haven't tried this but you also may be able to use the "touchscreen" displays throughout the ship or your cabin's TV to cancel, change or make specialty restaurant reservations also.  I haven't tried this myself but I have seen other pax using the touchscreens with their keycard inserted and they appeared to be accessing the specialty restaurant reservation system.  Someone else who's actually done this can speak to it better than I.

HINT: download the NCL app BEFORE you go aboard.

Hope you have a great cruise!

• Like 1

Yes you sure can. But use the app or the touch screens, don't wait in line at the desks (Unless you are in the Haven). Everyone will be making changes day one and lines will be long. You can also do the same with shows. I accidentally double booked and was able to cxl no problem. 

You can also make/change/cancel reservations by calling the Dine Line onboard.  The number is published in the Freestyle Daily and I think there is a button on your cabin phone as well.  No need to wait in line to do in person.

• Thanks 1