Embarkment Times in Sydney

Married15

We have an upcoming Princess cruise out of Sydney. Our embarkment time is 4:30pm with a 6:45 sail away. Does anyone have any experience on arriving early to the ship? I have read that Princess will turn you away in Sydney if you are early. We have been on many cruises with many different lines (including Princess) and never been turned away for arriving early. Our check out time is 10:00am at our hotel and was hoping to board around noon.

Thank you in advance for advice.

4 hours ago, Married15 said:

We have an upcoming Princess cruise out of Sydney. Our embarkment time is 4:30pm with a 6:45 sail away. Does anyone have any experience on arriving early to the ship? I have read that Princess will turn you away in Sydney if you are early. We have been on many cruises with many different lines (including Princess) and never been turned away for arriving early. Our check out time is 10:00am at our hotel and was hoping to board around noon.

Thank you in advance for advice.

I think if you check,you have to be on the ship by 4:30.

Usually you can check your bags in as early as 8:00 and boarding starts at 11:00.

If you have a check in time,they don’t in force it. Just check your bags and if they do say come back ( I never heard it happen after 11:00) go for a walk.

• Like 1

We've usually been able to check-in from around 11am, and are always onboard by noon.

The only exception was our recent cruise where check-in was delayed due to a few selfish transit passengers deciding they weren't going to get off the ship to clear immigration. Australian Border Security wouldn't let anyone o to the terminal until those people had been tracked down and processed. We still managed to get onboard in plenty of time for lunch in the MDR though.

• Like 1

We normally stay at the Holiday Inn opposite the OPT and I get up to watch my ship dock, I have seen them taking luggage way earlier than 9:00, some days. In face on cruise they were accepting luggage before our ship was even docked, I guess they were just stacking it out of the way till the ship arrived.

• Like 1