Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
metsfan47

Barcelona hotels near the train station

Recommended Posts

We will be flying to Barcelona, spending one night in a hotel, and then taking the train to Girona.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is not far from the train station?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, metsfan47 said:

We will be flying to Barcelona, spending one night in a hotel, and then taking the train to Girona.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is not far from the train station?

Thanks.

There are 2 or 3 stations

Barcelona Sants, Estacion de Francia and Passieg de Gracia.

 

Worth checking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After checking the train schedules, I see that it is Barcelona Sants that I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can take direct Renfe train from T2 airport terminal to Sants. They go quite often, at least 2 per hour. From 5am to 11:30pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent advice about the train from the airport. 

Which hotel should I stay in near the station?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See my post above. Barcelo Sants. It's literally above the station

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hkto said:

See my post above. Barcelo Sants. It's literally above the station

Ahh, I thought that was the station name.  Sorry for the miscommunication.

That hotel does look great.

Thanks so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, metsfan47 said:

Ahh, I thought that was the station name.

 

Sants is the name of the neighborhood so you'll find several businesses/locations with Sants in the name.  Here is the Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sants

 

We had an extended stay at The Bicycle Apartments in Sants this summer though you're probably better off with the Barcelo Sants for one night.  It was about a 15 minute walk for us from our apartment to the Sants train station.

 

A random fact is that MaTeS shoes are made in Sants, you'd never even know the store or the factory workshop were there unless you were looking.  I'd never heard of them but found them as part of our exploration, the company has a great story, it's still owned by the founder's daughter.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CruiseDigits said:

 

Sants is the name of the neighborhood so you'll find several businesses/locations with Sants in the name.  Here is the Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sants

 

We had an extended stay at The Bicycle Apartments in Sants this summer though you're probably better off with the Barcelo Sants for one night.  It was about a 15 minute walk for us from our apartment to the Sants train station.

 

A random fact is that MaTeS shoes are made in Sants, you'd never even know the store or the factory workshop were there unless you were looking.  I'd never heard of them but found them as part of our exploration, the company has a great story, it's still owned by the founder's daughter.

 

 

Thanks for the explanation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did this a few years back, and stayed at the Europark in Eixample.  I can't remember which station it was, presumably Sants.  I do remember that we walked to the metro and on to the train station, with no problem. 

 

It was a nice time.  We spent the night in Girona and then went on the next day for a day trip to Figueras to see the Gaudi Museo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...