2021 Antartic Schedule

NMTraveller

I was just wondering when HAL would likely have the cruise schedule up for Dec. 2021.  I was interested in an Antartic cruise.  Will they still be cruising Antartica in that time frame?

Edited by NMTraveller

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I was just wondering when HAL would likely have the cruise schedule up for Dec. 2021.  I was interested in an Antartic cruise.  Will they still be cruising Antartica in that time frame?

You might try calling HAL or a TA . Because of the Polar Ice code they may not be able to go then . You may want to consider an earlier date if it's possible .

From what little I know, ships the size of HAL ships won't be sailing in Antarctic waters after 2020.  They lack the needed ice code regulations from what I know.

Stay tuned, though.  Rules are "amended", "changed", etc. sometimes.

35 minutes ago, RMurp007 said:

I hope this is not true as we are booked for Jan 10, 2021.

My understanding is those January 2021 itineraries are the last ones HAL will be doing.

I'm trying to find a way to swing it though probably just not in the cards. Not enough time to sock away enough to do it. Ugh.

43 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

There was a pretty comprehensive thread on this a few months back with really interesting information. Maybe someone can find it. Search is not working for me.

Here's the thread, well worth reading it all. Good luck on getting your cruise: after seeing the thread, we booked the voyage leaving Fort Lauderdale on January 5 next. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2628278-new-ice-class-in-force-1st-jan-2018/?tab=comments#comment-56650666

Edited by kwb101