Cruise Critic Community
MonikaJ42

Currently on the Harmony

On 10/10/2019 at 5:10 PM, Maverick61 said:

I feel sorry for you having to go through life judging others.

Everyone judges others for something at some time during their lives. Someone who claims otherwise is trying fool themselves.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:26 PM, MrsKC08 said:

image.png.5e5fad7549ec8bc6da37ef7595b709a6.png

It has always amazed me how much dye they put in those drinks.

BTW, are the milkshakes that good or is it because it's the only milkshakes on board? I have never had one.

20 hours ago, Ready 2 Cruise said:

Thank you for sharing! We are on HOTS this Sunday.

Is the ship decorated for Halloween 🎃? And are there any Halloween 👻 activities, costume parade, trick or treat, etc?

thanks!

How exciting!  We're on next year.  I'll be looking for your feedback!  Safe travels!

19 hours ago, MonikaJ42 said:

Thank you! We are having a wonderful time.  Love the ship and everything has been just amazing! Sad we are heading back to Port Canaveral 😩

So glad you enjoyed Harmony.  Post cruise is tough 😥

12 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We are on Harmony now. It is second formal night.  I would say about 25%  of the men are in a sport jacket or better.  Everyone else is anywhere from shorts and T-shirts to slacks and a collared shirt. 

M

Wow, I hope you enjoyed the cruise!  Can't wait to hear all about it!

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It has always amazed me how much dye they put in those drinks.

BTW, are the milkshakes that good or is it because it's the only milkshakes on board? I have never had one.

So does the Refreshment Package no longer come with a cup to use at the free style machines?

Just now, DustFSU said:

So does the Refreshment Package no longer come with a cup to use at the free style machines?

Still comes with the special cup.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Still comes with the special cup.

Ok that's what I thought when I inquired about it a while back

On 10/6/2019 at 10:32 PM, MonikaJ42 said:

Hi everyone! Currently on the Harmony and just wanted to share some observations for day 1.

Harmony is a gorgeous ship! Clean and just huge! It’s a bit overwhelming but we are loving it so far.

Ship is at max capacity and you totally notice especially at the elevators.  

We have the ultimate dining package and ate at Chops for lunch and 150 Central Park for dinner. Absolutely no issues ordering 2 entrees in both restaurants.  The waiters actually encouraged it as we wanted to try different dishes.  No extra charge.  Wonderful experience so far with the package.

Formal nights are back! Just received our day 2 cruise compass and dress code is formal.  

Happy Cruising everyone!

I thought it was just announced that it’s going to be called Wear your Best , saying goodbye to formal dress what you feel is right for you.....so it’s changed back or the change hasn’t been made yet ?  Is it cruise specific?

Has the broken down elevator been fixed yet? Others have reported that massive traffic jams have been created since it was out of order many cruises ago. 

On 10/11/2019 at 10:52 AM, Biker19 said:

Just realize some of these things can change sailing to sailing, even by who's behind the counter.

We ordered another milkshake today, different waiter and again no issues.  We actually ordered two, one at the table and one to go and no issues at all.  

12 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Has the broken down elevator been fixed yet? Others have reported that massive traffic jams have been created since it was out of order many cruises ago. 

Still broken 😩.  I love the cruise and everything has been truly amazing but the elevators are a different story.  But you know as long as you are patient and give yourself some extra time where ever you want to go it’s not that bad, it could be better but hey what do you expect from having 6000 people on board?!

46 minutes ago, Midwestgal said:

I thought it was just announced that it’s going to be called Wear your Best , saying goodbye to formal dress what you feel is right for you.....so it’s changed back or the change hasn’t been made yet ?  Is it cruise specific?

Not sure if it was a test run for the wear your best but for our cruise our day 2 and day 6 the dress code was back to formal.  We like dressing up so we actually like it 😀

7 minutes ago, MonikaJ42 said:

Still broken 😩.  I love the cruise and everything has been truly amazing but the elevators are a different story.  But you know as long as you are patient and give yourself some extra time where ever you want to go it’s not that bad, it could be better but hey what do you expect from having 6000 people on board?!

I would expect that they would fix elevators when they break down! Apparently this has been going on for months now. It will be interesting to see if it is fixed by our cruise in Feb. 

The broken elevator is ridiculous.  I was on Harmony 3 weeks ago and had to wait 15 minutes at some times to go either up or down.  As one who couldn’t walk down 10 floors to dinner, it negatively affected our cruise.  There were other reasons why it wasn’t a “10”, but elevators were part of it.

We will be on Harmony Nov. 17.  Which elevators aren't working?  We have a party of 12 and I will have a rented scooter, cousin will be in wheelchair and another cousin just had surgery Oct. 3.  This may be an issue for us.  Has anyone asked the Hotel Manager or Guest Services Manager why the elevator has not been fixed?  Wonder if a call to Special Needs would expedite repair.  They have had plenty of time to have parts delivered and repair completed.

We just got off, and this is the first ship that I would not book again, nor would I recommend it. Not just the lines at the elevators, the lines everywhere, for everything.  Oasis seldom seemed crowded, Harmony almost always did.  My time dining, the 'with reservations' line was 20-30 minutes long. The wait staff was awesome, but the management just couldn't seem to get their ship together.  Windjammer was packed, the flow was awkward, only one side would be open with a line across the hallway by the elevators.  

The biggest disappointment for us was that the Park Cafe doesn't have specialty coffee. We book Deck 8 specifically to be able to walk and get our morning espresso; now available only on Deck 5 at the Promenade cafe, and somewhere in the Windjammer. The line at Promenade cafe was so ridiculous that after day 3 we gave up on it and did without.  

It wasn't totally bad, of course, and we had a great time, but I would not sail that ship again. 

9 minutes ago, flamingos said:

We just got off, and this is the first ship that I would not book again, nor would I recommend it. Not just the lines at the elevators, the lines everywhere, for everything.  Oasis seldom seemed crowded, Harmony almost always did.  My time dining, the 'with reservations' line was 20-30 minutes long. The wait staff was awesome, but the management just couldn't seem to get their ship together.  Windjammer was packed, the flow was awkward, only one side would be open with a line across the hallway by the elevators.  

It wasn't totally bad, of course, and we had a great time, but I would not sail that ship again. 

Agree. Just finished our 9/28/19 - 10/6/19 cruise and was our least favorite to date.  We did not experience MTD issues as we went at 6:15 and were seated immediately.  Used front elevators instead of aft elevators and rarely had wait times except embarkation day.  Lines, lines, lines everywhere and for a full ship with a huge number of kids and families (in late Sept?), the WJ was just too small and never fully open.  Just crazy.

We are off the ship now and at the airport waiting for our flight home 😩. I will be writing a review tomorrow but just wanted to add a few more tidbits.  Chops Grill dinner, even if you have the UDP, a 2nd entree will cost you $10.  You can order as many appetizers and desserts but not multiple entrees.  This is the only restaurant on the ship that we came across the additional charge.  We didn’t order more than 1 entree so it was not an issue for us.  Also everyday in the promenade there is some kind of sale of watches, jewelry, shirts, hats, etc etc so bring some extra cash or prepare to use that credit card!   Happy cruising everyone!! 

13 minutes ago, VaTech8912 said:

Agree. Just finished our 9/28/19 - 10/6/19 cruise and was our least favorite to date.  We did not experience MTD issues as we went at 6:15 and were seated immediately.  Used front elevators instead of aft elevators and rarely had wait times except embarkation day.  Lines, lines, lines everywhere and for a full ship with a huge number of kids and families (in late Sept?), the WJ was just too small and never fully open.  Just crazy.

The kids!  I love kids and other peoples' are fun to look at - but we were surprised at how many there were during school time as well. 

Please don’t burn me but i am reading some of the negative posts and I would like to add my opinion on a few things.  Yes the ship at times felt crowded, yes there were kids running around (they are on vacation too) and yes the elevators and lines were a bit much SOMETIMES but let’s take a step back and think what we booked.  We booked a cruise on the 2nd largest cruise ship with a capacity of over 8000 people combined with passengers and crew.  That’s a lot of people to disperse all around the ship.  For us we went on with an open mind and with patience and had a wonderful time.  The cruise met and exceeded our expectations and it just makes me sad that was not the case for some of you. 

Anyhow wishing everyone a safe journey home and happy cruising! 

27 minutes ago, flamingos said:

The kids!  I love kids and other peoples' are fun to look at - but we were surprised at how many there were during school time as well. 

Right? I still have no idea why there was soooo many of all ages at this time of year. Not sure what school holiday was in effect.  I have never experienced that in September before. Was a "good" trip, just not one of my favorite compared to previous Oasis class or other ships.

Edited by VaTech8912

17 minutes ago, MonikaJ42 said:

Please don’t burn me but i am reading some of the negative posts and I would like to add my opinion on a few things.  Yes the ship at times felt crowded, yes there were kids running around (they are on vacation too) and yes the elevators and lines were a bit much SOMETIMES but let’s take a step back and think what we booked.  We booked a cruise on the 2nd largest cruise ship with a capacity of over 8000 people combined with passengers and crew.  That’s a lot of people to disperse all around the ship.  For us we went on with an open mind and with patience and had a wonderful time.  The cruise met and exceeded our expectations and it just makes me sad that was not the case for some of you. 

Anyhow wishing everyone a safe journey home and happy cruising! 

I have taken two cruises on Oasis, only slightly smaller, and the difference was marked.  It was just a completely different feel  - and while we had a good time, I would not recommend this ship.

4 minutes ago, VaTech8912 said:

Right? I still have no idea why there was soooo many of all ages at this time of year. Not sure what school holiday was in effect.  I have never experienced that in September before. Was a "good" trip, just not one of my favorite compared to previous Oasis class or other ships.

I was surprised by the number of children on our B2B. Our first leg on Sept. 15 had 500+ kids but they appeared to be mostly pre school and babies. Second cruise leaving Sept. 22 was over 1000 but mostly school age.  We were told that Atlanta schools were on fall break.😀

Sherri🙂

1 minute ago, flamingos said:

I have taken two cruises on Oasis, only slightly smaller, and the difference was marked.  It was just a completely different feel  - and while we had a good time, I would not recommend this ship.

I have to agree with you,  we have done 2 cruises on Oasis and 2 on Allure, now two on Harmony and of the three, Harmony comes in last. I do think the food was better on Harmony than Oasis or Allure.

Sherri🙂

4 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I was surprised by the number of children on our B2B. Our first leg on Sept. 15 had 500+ kids but they appeared to be mostly pre school and babies. Second cruise leaving Sept. 22 was over 1000 but mostly school age.  We were told that Atlanta schools were on fall break.😀

Sherri🙂

Thanks, good to know for next year planning.  We do typically cruise that Sept 15th week so we avoid the later in Sept. next time.  

Edited by VaTech8912