Cruise Critic Community
Hammergirl

Coastal Kitchen Room Service?

If you are staying in a suite, can you order room service from the Coastal Kitchen or is it just the room service menu and the main dining room?

Thanks!

Just the normal and maybe MDR. I did not see the MDR option when I was on Symphony last month. 

I believe the verbiage for a full suite is MDR room service but CK room service is worth a shot :) 

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

I believe the verbiage for a full suite is MDR room service but CK room service is worth a shot 🙂

I will ask when I board on Sunday and report back. I would think you could, I mean, MDR or Coastal Kitcehn should not matter IMO. 

I just know that my husband would like to try a lot of the dishes they serve but the menu does not appeal to me. So we thought maybe we could do room service from there so that he can try them. Plus we don't want to dress up every night for dinner, that is just not for us.

1 hour ago, Hammergirl said:

If you are staying in a suite, can you order room service from the Coastal Kitchen or is it just the room service menu and the main dining room?

Thanks!

We were not able to get Coastal Kitchen room service on Anthem when we asked.  We were told they didn't have anyone who would be able to deliver it.  We asked if we could pick it up ourselves and they said yes, but when we looked at the menu for that night, we didn't find anything we wanted, so we decided not to do it.  We had been on quarantine with the flu (influenza A) and had been released from our cabin but did not want to sit in any of the dining areas with others and it was our last night on the ship.  We did end up talking to the MDR and picked up meals there as room service was hours backed up and we didn't want to wait.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

We were not able to get Coastal Kitchen room service on Anthem when we asked.  We were told they didn't have anyone who would be able to deliver it.  We asked if we could pick it up ourselves and they said yes, but when we looked at the menu for that night, we didn't find anything we wanted, so we decided not to do it.  We had been on quarantine with the flu (influenza A) and had been released from our cabin but did not want to sit in any of the dining areas with others and it was our last night on the ship.  We did end up talking to the MDR and picked up meals there as room service was hours backed up and we didn't want to wait.

Thanks for the info. I would totally be fine picking it up as we are in a loft suite right by the restaurant. I will ask that as well!

3 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

Thanks for the info. I would totally be fine picking it up as we are in a loft suite right by the restaurant. I will ask that as well!

We were only sea class, so that might have made a difference too.  If you are on and Oasis class ship and are staying of deck 17, you might have a better shot at delivery as it isn't far for them to go.

Room service is provided by the main galley.  The same galley down by and close to the MDR so walking across the galley to retrieve an MDR meal isn't a significant effort for them.

CK has a separate galley located closer to CK. 

I suspect that is why they allow MDR room service for full suite guests but not CK room service.   I hadn't thought of trying "take out" from CK, let us know how that goes.

4 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Plus we don't want to dress up every night for dinner, that is just not for us.

I don’t believe there is a requirement to dress up every night in CK. 

We have received room service breakfast from CK when we were in the HA CLS. But from what I gather it was not a normal service? (And we did not ask for it. It was offered to us.) 

If you're in Star Class though, the Genie can bring you food from anywhere on the ship, right?

9 minutes ago, tomservo said:

If you're in Star Class though, the Genie can bring you food from anywhere on the ship, right?

correct, might not be the genie delivering the food 

I know the breakfast menu is always the same... but is the lunch menu the same all week long?  Just got off SOTS last week, was surprised to see lunch menu the same when we went on day 1, then again on day 7.  Got busy and forgot to ask CK staff onboard.

4 minutes ago, Glide_Path said:

I know the breakfast menu is always the same... but is the lunch menu the same all week long?  Just got off SOTS last week, was surprised to see lunch menu the same when we went on day 1, then again on day 7.  Got busy and forgot to ask CK staff onboard.

Assuming you are talking Symphony.  We had two different lunch menus on Oasis, one was much better than the other and it was only available on one day.  

Is the Coastal Kitchen dinner menu on tv or intranet?

or do you have to go stand outside and read it each day off the wall?

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

not that I have ever saw. 

14 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

or do you have to go stand outside and read it each day off the wall?

They are in the app and on the interactive tv.