Cruise Critic Community

Posted (edited)

Technicaly...yes.  Don't be surprised if you do see children in there.

Edited by kevingastreich

Yes, adults only, if you see kids, tell them to go to the indoor pool..

3 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes, adults only, if you see kids, tell them to go to the indoor pool..

Agree; however, try telling someone else's kids what to do and see how quickly the parents inform us to mind our own business.  We've had it happen.  Now, if we see kids in the aft pool, we find a crew member to inform the kids that they're in the wrong pool.  Sadly, the kids sometimes don't respond and keep playing in the aft pool.  

If the kids annoy us, we generally move.  To be fair, though, I should admit that we rarely sit in the sun near the aft pool, so moving isn't a hardship.  I can see how it would be for those adults who want a space without the little ones running around splashing or making noise.

Actually, I know from recent experience on the Oosterdam this Summer it's Alaska it was 13 years and up for the Sea View Pool on our cruise. Which was call because my nieces got to swim with their Dad in the "grown-up" pool.

Last year (Thanksgiving 2018) on our cruise on the Oosterdam there were no signs enforcing the adults only pool rules at the sea view pool. On our two previous Eurodam cruises  (not during peak holiday cruise times), the aft pool was adults only, marked with signs.

I figured this anomaly was due to it being a holiday week, or maybe the rules are left up to the ship’s captain to decide from sailing to sailing.

We have seen young children using the adult only Sea Aft pool and there were no parents around supervising them.

Agree with sevenseasnomad -- don't try to tell the children not to use the adult pool -- their parents will find you and tell you off.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:37 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

We have seen young children using the adult only Sea Aft pool and there were no parents around supervising them.

Agree with sevenseasnomad -- don't try to tell the children not to use the adult pool -- their parents will find you and tell you off.

LOL.

Posted (edited)

We have not been put off by this. There are usually not many kids of board anyway, especially on cruises of more than seven days. We've seen very few...and on some cruises, none at the sea view pool.

I would not let this be a game changer in deciding about a HAL cruise.

IMO

Edited by DFD1