Passengers on Norwegian Spirit is mad about itinerary changes

shof515

3 hours ago, strawbs1 said:

I haven't read all nine pages on this but scanned and agree with those who say safety always comes first.  I've missed ports and sometimes it was a huge disappointment but that's cruising!   Of course, there'd be a whole lot more to complain about if the ports had not been cancelled and people were injured or killed while tendering or whatever. 

Complaints and law suits if anyone was injured while tendering in rough seas.  I'm fine with missing a port that they deem unsafe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sailingskyward said:

Thank you for your post. It is refreshing to hear from additional people who were onboard the ship. Yes, I think NCL did the right thing by cancelling those ports due to weather. However, it sounds like they really failed in having backup ports. Additionally, you aren't the first person to note that they felt NCL was just scheduling activities onboard to get more of passengers' dollars during the additional sea days. There are many ways to keep passengers happy, but from all accounts it sounds like NCL was primarily looking out for safety, followed by their own bottom line. Hopefully they learn from this situation, and recognize the need to put customer service 2nd in line after safety. Now they have unnecessarily damaged brand reputation. 

Really no such thing as a back up port. If a port is missed the ship would have to contact a port to see if they could accomodate the ship, last minute.

They may have tried but it didn't work out for a variety of reasons.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 12:40 PM, GA Dave said:

The $1.39 cheeseburger I bought for lunch three days ago gave me a tummy ache today.  I DEMAND A FULL REFUND ON ALL MY EXPENSES SINCE THEN!!!

🤣

I'll be in Savannah in January for a night. Where can I get a cheeseburger for $1.39?

• Haha 2

On 10/7/2019 at 11:19 PM, BirdTravels said:

So, what is the alternative? Having the ship hit the breakwater in heavy, windy seas? Can you say Concordia? And anyone who managed to get off in a life boat in those conditions would suffer the same fate. The Captain and crew did exactly the right thing in keeping the passengers, all of whom enjoyed their beverage package too much, safe. 

Those disgruntled passengers should talk to the 400+ who were evacuated by helicopter on Viking Sky back in March. And yet I never heard any passengers complaining let alone some sort of open revolt breaking out. Shameful behavior IMHO. Cardinal rules that captains follow (just learned this on the Celebrity Summit by a very fine and detailed explanation by the excellent captain we had being that we also missed a few ports due to 2 storm systems) are three:  1) safety of the ship  2) safety of the passengers  3) protection of the environment. Everything else is secondary. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1