Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jcol5786

In Room Alcohol Package?

I see that these liquor and mix packages are available for sale prior to boarding as in room gifts. I was wondering if they can also be purchased on the ship during the cruise and if they are is the price the same or is there an upcharge? I plan to purchase 1 package prior to the cruise but if I should need a second I was just wondering if it is available as an onboard purchase. Thanks

advance orders only, not  on board.  any hard stuff purchased by the bottle on board is held until the last night

Also realize, the bottle in the package is 375 ml.  So basically half a normal bottle.

Thanks for the replies. I know about how they keep onship purchases of liquor for you till the last night of the cruise but I thought these were more of a room service delivery item. Guess I'd better order 2.

I know they are small bottles but I only mix 1 once in a large glass of club soda so I'll get about 10 drinks. That's $4.30 per drink which makes it about the cheapest alcohol on the ship.

Bring a bottle with you. Put it in your main luggage. Leave for the ship attendants to bring to your room. Bottle will likely be there in your bag when you get to your room. Enjoy!

33 minutes ago, Monk86 said:

Bring a bottle with you. Put it in your main luggage. Leave for the ship attendants to bring to your room. Bottle will likely be there in your bag when you get to your room. Enjoy!

Or, more likely, your bag will NOT be delivered to your room.  And you will have to go to the "naughty room" to open it, and have them remove the bottle.  While they hold purchases bought during the cruise, they may confiscate any alcohol brought on at initial boarding.  Although, it seems that most times, sealed commercial bottles are held like purchases.

I found it very easy to smuggle booze on board , stopped when they came out with drink package. 

I did not say it was that hard to smuggle booze on board.

I said if you just stick a bottle in your luggage, it will likely be found when the xray the bag, and held for you to come and open it, then have to get it up to your cabin.