Cruise Critic Community
Eglesbrech

Check in Times

Posted (edited)

Someone very kindly posted the check in times by ship and deck shown below a while back (sorry I can’t remember who). 

My question is from your recent experience does this still appear to be the times that P&O are allocating? Thanks.

“Thank you for your further email of 9 November.

I appreciate you taking the time to write to us again and I am naturally sorry to read that you were unable to locate the check in times on the Advice Centre area of our website.

Please fine the below check in times per deck for each ship in P&O Cruises Fleet:

Britannia

Deck A: 15:30
Deck B: 13:30
Deck C 15:30
Deck D 15:00
Deck E: 14:40
Deck F: 15:00
Deck G: 13:00
Deck L: 13:30

Azura

Deck A: 15:00
Deck B: 14:40
Deck C 15:30
Deck D 15:00
Deck E: 13:30
Deck F: 13:00
Deck L: 13:00
Deck P: 13:00
Deck R: 15:30

Ventura

Oriana

Deck A: 14:00
Deck B: 15:00
Deck C 14:40
Deck D 13:30
Deck E: 13:00

Aurora

Deck C 14:40
Deck D 13:00

Arcadia

Deck c 14:40
Deck E: 14:00
Deck S: 13:00

Oceana

Deck C 15:00
Deck F: 13:30

Adonia

Deck A: 13:30
Deck B: 14:00
Deck C13:30

I do hope the above information may be of some assistance and it will remain my hope that we may be given the opportunity to welcome you back on board in the near future.”

Edited by Eglesbrech
C & D shown as icons

Our upcoming cruise on Arcadia the check in time is 1430 as opposed to 1440 on the timings above,  so only a slight adjustment. 

Makes no difference... 

I'm still arriving about 12.30, taking my red card and hopefully having lunch on board by about 1 o'clock. 

It's worked every time bar one. 

Andy 

Thanks folks.

It tied in with my time for Brittania earlier this year, just wondered if the rest of the fleet was still using these. Glad to hear that they are as the time for my next one is early and I generally get 3pm or 3.30pm and have to find something to do in Southampton until then.

I certainly wouldnt waste time in Southampton to comply with time on your e-ticket. I would go to terminal as soon as feasible and at worst sit in comfort but dont think they will make you wait until 3-30pm. At best you will get onboard early and have lunch and relax and a wander around the ship.

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I certainly wouldnt waste time in Southampton to comply with time on your e-ticket. I would go to terminal as soon as feasible and at worst sit in comfort but dont think they will make you wait until 3-30pm. At best you will get onboard early and have lunch and relax and a wander around the ship.

Quite right Major Tom.

They always seem to try to get you on board ASAP whatever time you arrive, especially before the coaches start turning up. 

Andy 

On 10/8/2019 at 4:38 PM, Eglesbrech said:

Someone very kindly posted the check in times by ship and deck shown below a while back (sorry I can’t remember who). 

My question is from your recent experience does this still appear to be the times that P&O are allocating? Thanks.

“Thank you for your further email of 9 November.

I appreciate you taking the time to write to us again and I am naturally sorry to read that you were unable to locate the check in times on the Advice Centre area of our website.

Please fine the below check in times per deck for each ship in P&O Cruises Fleet:

Britannia

Deck A: 15:30
Deck B: 13:30
Deck D 15:00
Deck E: 14:40

Azura

Deck C 15:30

Ventura

Oriana

Deck C 14:40

Aurora

Deck C 14:40

Arcadia

Deck c 14:40
Deck E: 14:00
Deck S: 13:00

Oceana

Deck C 15:00
Deck F: 13:30

Adonia

Deck A: 13:30
Deck B: 14:00
Deck C13:30

I do hope the above information may be of some assistance and it will remain my hope that we may be given the opportunity to welcome you back on board in the near future.”

Interesting  I was under the impression they started with the highest decks first. 

Note on Arcadia most of suites are on B Deck, so they won't be at 14.40

18 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Does anyone know the logic behind these times?

No but at a guess it is to even out the numbers boarding over a period of time.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, Windsurfboy said:

To try and get a constant flow of passengers ,rather than 1000 turning up at 12. It will be worse when Iona comes on line and you have 2000 turning up at 12.

On 10/9/2019 at 6:01 PM, Windsurfboy said:

Interesting  I was under the impression they started with the highest decks first. 

Note on Arcadia most of suites are on B Deck, so they won't be at 14.40

If you are in a suite you have priority boarding so should be at 12/12.30. If you are in a suite and high tier loyalty you should be 1st on the ship.

Interesting comparison, if 12:00/12:30 is the start of embarkation on P&O, by that time RCI & Celebrity ships will be half full.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Interesting comparison, if 12:00/12:30 is the start of embarkation on P&O, by that time RCI & Celebrity ships will be half full.

Pando try and get the final guests off the previous cruise by 10am. clean around with a duster, then the new ones boarding.  I think the other lines try and get you off earlier..from a relatives personal experience. When they travelled with Pando they liked the fact they could have a nice cooked breakfast at leisure before getting off for their long journey. They may start earlier than that now..but its usually underway by 12. I guess you cant have it both ways. get off sensible time and board early time. Having sat on the balcony on B2B you would not believe how early once the car park is empty, it starts filling up again. I guess the hole in the wall and car park guys have to have a break somewhere between those 2.

We disembarked from Arcadia yesterday. We were on D deck and were given a check-in time of 1.30pm, so that ties in with the info above.

Disembarkation was as usual - out of cabins by 8am (although we, like others, left hand luggage and coats in wardrobe until after breakfast), MDR breakfast until 8.30 (IIRC). Self-disembarkation started at 7.30 and it seemed that most people were off by about 9.30am.

1 hour ago, the english lady said:

Pando try and get the final guests off the previous cruise by 10am. clean around with a duster, then the new ones boarding.  I think the other lines try and get you off earlier..from a relatives personal experience. When they travelled with Pando they liked the fact they could have a nice cooked breakfast at leisure before getting off for their long journey. They may start earlier than that now..but its usually underway by 12. I guess you cant have it both ways. get off sensible time and board early time. Having sat on the balcony on B2B you would not believe how early once the car park is empty, it starts filling up again. I guess the hole in the wall and car park guys have to have a break somewhere between those 2.

Breakfast time and disembarkation time on RCI and Celebrity cab be very much in line with P&O, if you want to stay on board until 10:00am you can do. However disembarkation does start earlier and then does flow much faster resulting in most groups being able leave the ship earlier than their allotted time, but it's not compulsory.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Breakfast time and disembarkation time on RCI and Celebrity cab be very much in line with P&O, if you want to stay on board until 10:00am you can do. However disembarkation does start earlier and then does flow much faster resulting in most groups being able leave the ship earlier than their allotted time, but it's not compulsory.

Absolutely. Celebrity and RCI are very much quicker getting onboard and you are certainly not kicked off at the crack of dawn (unless you want to go early) breakfast is available etc the same as P&O.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, Windsurfboy said:

My question wasn't about why they stagger by deck even for an old man like me that's obvious,  but why the complicated timing order , why not simply a, b , c , d .........

Excepting suites and high loyalty tiers, Embarkation time doesn't link to say cabin size or any thing obvious like that

On 10/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, Eglesbrech said:

Absolutely. Celebrity and RCI are very much quicker getting onboard and you are certainly not kicked off at the crack of dawn (unless you want to go early) breakfast is available etc the same as P&O.

How come my relatives were told their disembarkation time was 6.30 am then, (their car was parked at ours I said i didn't want to see them until a sensible time of the morning) and they stated you couldnt get a cooked breakfast just a continental

2 minutes ago, the english lady said:

How come my relatives were told their disembarkation time was 6.30 am then, (their car was parked at ours I said i didn't want to see them until a sensible time of the morning) and they stated you couldnt get a cooked breakfast just a continental

I have no idea as I have never had this experience and have always had a decent breakfast as well. I have never heard of anyone having a 6.30am disembarkation. 

Which ship, port and when please. Hope this is not something new.

This was in Southampton, we live across the water. They have done a few Celebrity...and 1 Pando.  They prefered Celebrity. I had visions of them arriving at 7am at our door, I think it was actually just before 8am. 

Just now, the english lady said:

This was in Southampton, we live across the water. They have done a few Celebrity...and 1 Pando.  They prefered Celebrity. I had visions of them arriving at 7am at our door, I think it was actually just before 8am. 

We usually self disembark and even a self service is usually about 7.15 -  7.30 (by choice) and still time for breakfast.

I doubt customs etc would be available for 6.30am

We always self-disembark.  I really do prefer it.  We go to breakfast at about 7.40, back to the cabin by 0810 and walk off.  Marvellous!

1 hour ago, the english lady said:

They must have self disembarked carrying their own luggage, and even then it is unusual to disembark before 7:00 am.  We always have a buffet breakfast and can have full English if we want, then aim to be off ship by 8:30, and there are still plenty of people on board.