Complimentary Luggage Tags?

Why all the focus on COLOR PRINTERS?

When I print my luggage tags, I just print black and white -- it's never a problem, my bags always get where I'm going.  

Same with the person who complained about having to hand-write their name on the tags.... just don't put your name on them, they'll still show up at your room b/c they have the room number on them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Great minds think alike... we typed the same info at the same time!  LOL

Exactly..why does the name matter?  If the luggage tag gets ripped off having the name on it won't help.

What MIGHT help is having a separate permanent luggage tag on your bag with your name and/or a way to contact you.  This could help in any situation where your luggage gets misplaced, cruise or land trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parsec0298 said:

Given the choice, I think I prefer the current system.  I'm not going to buy tag holders, as I dislike unitasker items like that.  This year I'll be buying a mini stapler that I can pack.

I have the tag holders. Very inexpensive. They have lasted through........ innumerable cruises. A small but thoroughly worthwhile investment. 

And i always print in B&W. 

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have the tag holders. Very inexpensive. They have lasted through........ innumerable cruises. A small but thoroughly worthwhile investment. 

And i always print in B&W. 

The issue isn't the cost for me.  We cruise about once a year, so the issue is having to find them after they've had a year to disappear into the bottom of some drawer.

1 minute ago, parsec0298 said:

The issue isn't the cost for me.  We cruise about once a year, so the issue is having to find them after they've had a year to disappear into the bottom of some drawer.

How many suitcases do you own/use?  

Keep them in the suitcase’s pocket. 

5 hours ago, sellwingri said:

We brought the tag holders on Amazon about 4 years ago and have used them probably 20 times.  

I think we got ours from Cruise Critic.  We have both sizes (the wider ones for Carnival and the narrower ones for RC and Celebrity).  They've been used quite a bit.  Very handy.

30 minutes ago, parsec0298 said:

I keep mine with my make-up travel bag in my closet.  I always know where they are.  My parents, on the other hand, lost the ones I got them. :classic_sad:

I like that he's the only one that thought about typing his name in the file. Thats hilarious! I can not tell you how many I have printed. And yes I have a color printer but I used to print them in black and white, they worked just fine. In over 40 cruises, all I have ever done is fold them as directed. 

1 hour ago, tinkr2 said:

like that he's the only one that thought about typing his name in the file. Thats hilarious!

I use a PDF annotator everyday at work and have the same tool at home, so its just second nature for me. My handwriting gets worse with age, mostly because I have to sign so many documents all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Nope.  I do it also.  Good that we can entertain you.

Way to misinterpret . I thinks it hilarious that the rest of us have not thought to do so. Have a nice day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Exactly..why does the name matter?  If the luggage tag gets ripped off having the name on it won't help.

What MIGHT help is having a separate permanent luggage tag on your bag with your name and/or a way to contact you.  This could help in any situation where your luggage gets misplaced, cruise or land trip.

Usually it's best to put a piece of paper inside the suitcase with your info on it, in case the outer tag comes off. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 9:20 PM, actuarian said:

Celebrity only mails them out if you specifically request them but there is a place to make that request when you check in on line.  Disney is one of the very few cruise lines that still automatically mails them out to all of their cruisers.  I know it sounds silly but I just hate the extra little chore of having to write my name on each tag and then fold it up and insert it into the reusable holder.  I do not understand why they cannot at least have the customer's name included in the pdf file.  After all, that file contains the cabin number so it would have to be easy to have the name there too.

I preprinted mailing labels with everyone’s info on it & we just slap It on the tags, both coming and going so we don’t have to write them out every sailing. 
It knocks out the “who has a pen?”, “can you fill mine in?” chaos on the last day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Way to misinterpret . I thinks it hilarious that the rest of us have not thought to do so. Have a nice day.

I did misinterpret.  Thought you found it hilarious that he used a computer rather than just hand writing the name.  Apologies.

• Thanks 1

We purchased the clear tag holders from Amazon (got the wide ones to hold any cruise line's tags) but we also have permanent luggage tags with our address/return info on them just in case.  When we are not cruising we have the tags in a bag inside our suitcase along with various other cruise items (towel clips, large sun hats, etc.).  If we use that suitcase for travel other than a cruise we put that bag to the side and then replace it when we get back home.  Easy to keep up with.  I do always write our names in because I have never thought of typing it in but I will try that next time!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

I use the Luggage Tag Holders, and put the Tags in the holder after in get to the hotel. I do use however Zip lock Ties instead of the metal loops. Lost one once when it snagged on something in the Taxi and had to get a new Tag one when i got to the pier. 

I am plus one on that one.  I love using the zip ties...I keep several in my cruise pack.  Much more durable than the wire tags or the plastic ones they send with the reusable plastic tags.  🙂 

And I am also another one that always puts two tags per bag...one on top..one on the side.  Really helps if one gets ripped off.  

The reusable tags are also great for slipping in the disembarkation tags at the end of the cruise. 

Edited by island lady

22 hours ago, LESLIEKURZ said:

I love my Amazon tag holders but only because I have access to a color printer at work.  If that were not the case, I would probs just do the pier ones.  Not really trying to make personal trips to Staples.  

I have many times just printed in black and white.  They get to your cabin just the same as the color ones.  😉