Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
DesireeC03

Symphony Neighborhood Balcony Guarantee - experience?

Hello!  When we booked on the Symphony we mistakenly chose a Neighborhood Balcony guarantee - has anyone stayed in one of these before?  Our documents state that we will be on the 10th deck. What should we expect? Should we look to royal up to a regular balcony?  This will be our first time on a larger ship.  Thanks!

A CP balcony would be very quiet and peaceful.  Boardwalk balcony would be loud and active all day and night, you could end up being within a few feet of the Abyss slide if you at the very aft.  Very little privacy from all the cabins 50 feet across the way. Plus very little chance of seeing the ocean. We always have a ocean view deck 12 forward balcony on Oasis class and would hate any neighborhood balcony. Check out a youtube video of CP and Boardwalk walk throughs. happy cruising.  Oasis class is now our favorite. Be sure to book all your show reservations as son as they open, and get there 15 minutes early.

…………...but many people love the neighborhood balcony cabins.

I love the boardwalk balconies, don’t let others scare you.  If you will be disappointed with either boardwalk or Central Park then I’d suggest you try for an upgrade.

Thanks for your input.  The only problem is that I have no idea what to expect!  this helps a bit

6 minutes ago, DesireeC03 said:

Thanks for your input.  The only problem is that I have no idea what to expect!  this helps a bit

Not sure what you expect to expect.

It is basically a regular balcony room that faces a wall of other balconies. Nothing exciting.

You can hear pool activity during the day and some music at night.

Not many people sit out there,  I just use it to dry swimwear and store stuff.

10 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Not sure what you expect to expect.

It is basically a regular balcony room that faces a wall of other balconies. Nothing exciting.

You can hear pool activity during the day and some music at night.

Not many people sit out there,  I just use it to dry swimwear and store stuff.

thanks

so no ambience - bu some people watching

I must be in the minority, I sat out on my boardwalk balcony a lot. In the morning I’d read out there and in the evening drink wine and people watch. I thought it was lovely. We had a BW at the very back (10327) so I could look at the ocean too.

17 hours ago, DesireeC03 said:

thanks

so no ambience - bu some people watching

I wouldn't say no ambiance.  Central Park is our favorite spot at night.  Every night they had someone either playing relaxing piano music or classical guitar.  It would be quite nice to sit on your balcony and listen to that.  I'm less sure about Boardwalk, as we didn't spend much time there at all.  My guess is it would depend on the ship.  Since we're talking about Symphony it could be loud.  We were on her during the college football playoffs and there was a crowd cheering at Playmakers most nights.  You didn't say when you're sailing, but take into consideration any major sporting events that might be taking place at night.