Cruise Critic Community
BillOh

Questions about new things at Labadee!

16 hours ago, BillOh said:

I will do that, thanks.  A long walk, but we can use the exercise

There is always the tram!  LoL

20 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

Just back from Labadee on Allure last week.  We had a beach bed on Adrenaline Beach and loved it.  Came with two loungers, two floating mats, a cooler of Evian water and a bar attendant.  The beach/water entrance is rocky for a bit but then evened out and the swim up bar is a novelty but after one drink there I preferred the beach bed and attendant.  You had to climb an awkward ladder for the bar and the beverages were very limited, not to mention the crowd of people that surrounded the bar itself.  but the beds were nice and in a peaceful area.  You could occasionally hear a zipliner screaming as they flew by though, ha ha.  I would definitely rent a beach bed again. 

I agree....I did not find the swim up bar to be all that "convenient", as the ladder made it difficult to maneuver with or without a drink in hand and space was limited around the bar......I much prefer a lounger within stones throw of a bar, or a bungalow/ cabana with service. 

Any of you see the new beer that RCI trademarked for Coco Cay??  With any luck, maybe it will be available for us to try!

Coco Cay.jpg

Edited by SuiteLady
delete

Just now, SuiteLady said:

Any of you see the new beer that RCI trademarked for Coco Cay??

It is very rare that some notable news doesn't get posted here the same day - this was mentioned already in a couple of threads and apparently has already dropped off the front page.

Just now, Biker19 said:

It is very rare that some notable news doesn't get posted here the same day - this was mentioned already in a couple of threads and apparently has already dropped off the front page.

Yep....I am going to remove this, as I meant to post this on our roll call.....sorry for the inconvenience

1 hour ago, SuiteLady said:

Nice!  Where?  I live right in the heart of Tourist Town USA!  LoL....10 minutes from outlets/ Mt. Airy/ Camelback Ski Resort/ Shawnee Ski Resort/ Kalahari Resort and now, the soon to be Pocono Springs!!

Chiming in here, we honeymooned at "Cove Haven"  almost fifty years ago! 😍 It snowed so much they closed the ski lifts!

Fabulous place and great memories.  We were from the Harrisburg area, loved the Poconos.

1 hour ago, SuiteLady said:

I agree....I did not find the swim up bar to be all that "convenient", as the ladder made it difficult to maneuver with or without a drink in hand and space was limited around the bar......I much prefer a lounger within stones throw of a bar, or a bungalow/ cabana with service. 

My friend and I were eyeing the swim up bar when we saw a young lady trying to climb up the ladder😳, yikes, we got our drinks at the walk up bar!  Two women of a "certain age" and the skinny ladder are not compatible IMO😉.

14 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Chiming in here, we honeymooned at "Cove Haven"  almost fifty years ago! 😍 It snowed so much they closed the ski lifts!

Fabulous place and great memories.  We were from the Harrisburg area, loved the Poconos.

We too honeymooned at Cove Haven, almost 30 years ago. Had 6" of snow the first night we were there, it was gorgeous!!

3 hours ago, SuiteLady said:

Nice!  Where?  I live right in the heart of Tourist Town USA!  LoL....10 minutes from outlets/ Mt. Airy/ Camelback Ski Resort/ Shawnee Ski Resort/ Kalahari Resort and now, the soon to be Pocono Springs!!

The place, called "The Summit"  went out of business early this century I believe. I think it was located near East Stroudsberg I believe.

1 hour ago, Judyrem said:

My friend and I were eyeing the swim up bar when we saw a young lady trying to climb up the ladder😳, yikes, we got our drinks at the walk up bar!  Two women of a "certain age" and the skinny ladder are not compatible IMO😉.

Must be the same ladder they use on the over  the water cabanas.  I've lost some feeling in my feet so those ladders were tough, even though I'm otherwise fairly mobile.    Fortunately, there was a second path to the water there.   

20 hours ago, BillOh said:

i have a pair of shoes I wear for diving,  I'll be sure to bring them.   Fred, our cruise leaves from Port liberty if you want to join us 🙂

It's a bit pricey right now if it's Adventure 5/21/20 you're talking about. Way too high for my budget. 😡  I'll keep an eye on it though.  BTW -  it shows 5/21/19 in your signature.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, BillOh said:

The place, called "The Summit"  went out of business early this century I believe. I think it was located near East Stroudsberg I believe.

Yep....a lot of the "Honeymoon" resorts went belly up.....Summit was by Tannersville, about 10 min from me.  They are currently looking to build a hospital there, but that has not materialized and not sure if it will.  That will make the 3rd hospital within 15 minutes of each other!  There are still a few Honeymoon resorts around though, but mostly overtaken by huge family resorts: Kalahari, Great Wolf, Camelback.....