Not cruised in 25 years questions.

I we have booked the December cruise on the  Joy.  It has been at least 25 years and looks like a lot has change.  I have some question.  

I have read  that some people decorate their doors.  Do you do and what kind of things do you hang up ? 

IF we stay on board when in port do they leave a restaurant  open ?   

When we i boared on carnival, t was like a cattle call. Nothing was organized. ?

We have a regular balcony room.  If we can not get tickets for the beach vibe how is the adult only area area  Did you find it hard to find deck chairs ?

And now for the really stupid question.  Someone  told me to buy these big  clips to attach your towel to the chair.  Is that really something people really do ?

We're really excited about the cruise just hope it's nothing like our carnival cruise ?

Thanks 

Jolee Marie

It won't be a cattle call the later in the day you check-in.  I usually arrive about 3 hours before departure time and I breeze right through there are no line.

I usually put just a few cartoons on my door this is what I had in Alaska this year,

alaska bear.jpg

alaska door sign.JPG

If you don't mind being right next to the pool there will be loungers.  I don't know about the clips, I'm not a chair hog and I don't sit much in the sun. 

I hope you enjoy your cruise, the JOY is a massive ship.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

The biggest change you will notice first is the size of the ships!  They are huge!!  There are so many more amenities, restaurants, bars, activities, etc.  However, there are also a lot more people!  Explore the whole ship after you board, look at the dailies, and then find what makes you happiest.

Have a great trip!

6 hours ago, Jolee Marie said:

I have read  that some people decorate their doors.  Do you do and what kind of things do you hang up ? 

No door decorations 

IF we stay on board when in port do they leave a restaurant  open ?   

Restaurants will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Local is open 24/7 for a bite to eat. The Observation Lounge will have light food until around 4 pm. 

When we i boared on carnival, t was like a cattle call. Nothing was organized. ?

At check-in, you are given a boarding group number and will board with that group. We usually show up at the port around 10:15 to get through security and check in. General boarding will start before 11:30. 

We have a regular balcony room.  If we can not get tickets for the beach vibe how is the adult only area area  Did you find it hard to find deck chairs ?

There are a lot of loungers on deck. No need to waste your money on the Vibe. 

And now for the really stupid question.  Someone  told me to buy these big  clips to attach your towel to the chair.  Is that really something people really do ?

A small number of people have them to hog the deck chairs. 

We're really excited about the cruise just hope it's nothing like our carnival cruise ?

You will have a wonderful time!

Thanks 

Jolee Marie

Your cruise to mexico will be different that the Alaskan cruises early this year. However, the attached link has Freestyle Daily Programs, menus, and ship information that are representative on what is available on the Joy. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2684918-birdtravels-to-alaska-on-the-norwegian-joy/#comments