Booking questions

fitbit

Leaning towards booking Royal Carribbean and wondering if there is any advantage to booking direct?

I guess there was some extra discount on the weekend because it was 500ish cheaper and I didn't realize we could cancel within 24 hours while we looked for flights. At any rate an agency is willing to discount 225 or 300 for different rooms.

Sorry cruise ship booking is mind boggling for me and we have only done one before

The perceived advanatges of booking direct are the ability to dela with Royal directly when it comes to things like payments, stateroom changes, cancelling, price drops etc.   Most everything else you can do through the Cruise Planner is the same if you book with a travel agent.

We have booked direct with Royal on a weekend to pick up a special price or OBC. Call our online TA the next day to switch the bookings and pick up the TA perks that are only through them.  Our TA usually gives us pre - paid gratuities, or somewhat equal value in OBC, and maybe a specialty dinner.  You must switch over to a TA within 60 days of booking direct. It is all about the perks to us. happy cruising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fitbit said:

Leaning towards booking Royal Carribbean and wondering if there is any advantage to booking direct?

I guess there was some extra discount on the weekend because it was 500ish cheaper and I didn't realize we could cancel within 24 hours while we looked for flights. At any rate an agency is willing to discount 225 or 300 for different rooms.

Sorry cruise ship booking is mind boggling for me and we have only done one before

We’ve booked direct and used TA.  But your last line might make up your mind for you.  If you feel the process is a bit complicated, then the assistance of an agent might prove beneficial.  They can guide and assist with every step. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have booked direct with Royal on a weekend to pick up a special price or OBC. Call our online TA the next day to switch the bookings and pick up the TA perks that are only through them.  Our TA usually gives us pre - paid gratuities, or somewhat equal value in OBC, and maybe a specialty dinner.  You must switch over to a TA within 60 days of booking direct. It is all about the perks to us. happy cruising. 

Wow I didn't know a booking could be switched over.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

The perceived advanatges of booking direct are the ability to dela with Royal directly when it comes to things like payments, stateroom changes, cancelling, price drops etc.   Most everything else you can do through the Cruise Planner is the same if you book with a travel agent.

Do they do anything with price drops? or does it depend on the fare and/or discounts? When I asked the fellow said no,

Can I call the cruise company and deal with a different person? if the one I was dealing with is now off for the day? 

At least to put holds until later today or tomorrow morning?

25 minutes ago, fitbit said:

Do they do anything with price drops? or does it depend on the fare and/or discounts? When I asked the fellow said no,

You can call Royal and get a reprice if the there is a price drop even if you have made final payment as long as your are before your final payment date.  Doing a reprice you can lose perks from your original booking if they are no longer included.

30 minutes ago, fitbit said:

When we see a price drop I just call the TA we use and price is adjusted while on the phone. I usually check weekly for price drops, some on this site have said they may have a half dozen or so re pricing for the same cruise. 

Always booked through the website. Like the feeling of being in control.

Although I do not like the new website design at all. I believe they are purposely making it difficult to access some areas.

Edited by B-52

On 10/8/2019 at 7:17 PM, fitbit said:

Can I call the cruise company and deal with a different person? if the one I was dealing with is now off for the day? 

At least to put holds until later today or tomorrow morning?

Any CSR can help you.