Anyone stay in an angled balcony cabin

barb65

Angled%2520Balconies-XL.jpg&key=a73076ec

You can see the extra space on the balcony in this picture. Being deeper on one side gives the extra space.

Some angled balconies "face" another angled balcony (10258 and 10276) while some face forward (10184) and others face aft (10296) with a clear view along the remainder of the ship.

10784 is the starboard version of 10184.

I always stay in an angled balcony (except for my first cruise when I didn't know better and my most recent cruise when I sailed in an aft balcony). You get half again as much square footage as a normal balcony, because it is twice as "deep" on one side than the other. The deeper side can accommodate a full sized lounger, so if there is not already on there, I ask my room steward for one on the first day.

PS: I never understood the privacy claims. You have exactly as much private area on your balcony as a normal sized one... maybe even more because of the extra privacy of the longer wall from one direction. If you stand out at the deepest part of the railing, people on the shorter end of the balcony can see you, but if you are seated in a chair back towards your door, they can't see you any more than they can see you when you are seated in a chair on a normal balcony.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Angled%2520Balconies-XL.jpg&key=a73076ec

You can see the extra space on the balcony in this picture. Being deeper on one side gives the extra space.

Some angled balconies "face" another angled balcony (10258 and 10276) while some face forward (10184) and others face aft (10296) with a clear view along the remainder of the ship.

10784 is the starboard version of 10184.

I’m in 10184 in during the 15 night TA in April

14 hours ago, Warm Breezes said:

I don’t think a 2nd lounger would fit on the short side of the angled balcony.  It just fits on the longer side.

Thanks! I did not think there would be enough room without being squeezed so but thought what the hey perhaps someone has done two loungers.