Adding passenger

A few things.

Infants  must be 6 months old to sail and 12 months if there are 3 consecutive sea days.

If you are booked in a double cabin then request a pack in play for the cabin and you won’t have to change cabins as they can add a third guest if they are under 3 years old. (As long as lifeboat capacity remains) 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A few things.

Infants  must be 6 months old to sail and 12 months if there are 3 consecutive sea days.

If you are booked in a double cabin then request a pack in play for the cabin and you won’t have to change cabins as they can add a third guest if they are under 3 years old. (As long as lifeboat capacity remains) 

Will that effect the price 

I have noticed there are double rooms for about 1500 for two adults but as soon as I add a baby it gives us less room choices and is about 2700 

Well of course the price went up, you are adding a third person. Babies do not sail for free, unless you book during a "Kids Sail Free" event. Children are priced at the exact same rate as an adult who is the third person on a booking - no kids rate. In fact, you will also need to pay gratuities for the child. 

2 minutes ago, cello56 said:

Well of course the price went up, you are adding a third person. Babies do not sail for free, unless you book during a "Kids Sail Free" event. Children are priced at the exact same rate as an adult who is the third person on a booking - no kids rate. In fact, you will also need to pay gratuities for the child. 

Really I expected to pay for the baby of course but never knew it would be the same price for a 9 month old baby as it is for a adult

we have mainly only gone with Disney and I know they are about 30percent of what a adult normally is so that’s quite a lot

Sometimes the rate for a third person is lower than for the first two but it doesn’t matter if that person is 6 months or 60 years of age. Disney might charge less for children but you’re going to pay through the nose for the adults. 

We took our son and his family on Oasis and we paid full third and fourth passenger fares for the 18 month old and the 3 1/2 year old. They take up a 'berth' or lifeboat position, so you pay for them as any other. They actually 'cost' the cruiseline money since they don't buy anything, drink liquor, gamble etc. 

2 minutes ago, cello56 said:

We took our son and his family on Oasis and we paid full third and fourth passenger fares for the 18 month old and the 3 1/2 year old. They take up a 'berth' or lifeboat position, so you pay for them as any other. They actually 'cost' the cruiseline money since they don't buy anything, drink liquor, gamble etc. 

yeah am just shocked that they charge 100% off adult when there are other lines at 30% of what a adult would be but oh well

6 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Really I expected to pay for the baby of course but never knew it would be the same price for a 9 month old baby as it is for a adult

we have mainly only gone with Disney and I know they are about 30percent of what a adult normally is so that’s quite a lot

It will only add the cost of a third guest. It will not change guests 1 and 2 as it does when you book a cabin for 3. 

37 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Just looked up dates there on royal and it is showing a baby at about half the price of a adult 

People are telling you that what you are seeing is the price for ANY 3rd passenger in that cabin.  Baby, teenager, senior citizen.  It's just the 3rd passenger price.

🙂

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

yeah am just shocked that they charge 100% off adult when there are other lines at 30% of what a adult would be but oh well

Royal has horrible third guest rates most of the time.  Twice I have been able to add my nephew onto our booking for Carnival Magic for 199.00 + taxes and fees.  It didnt matter if the age is 4 or 94

Edited by ryano

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

People are telling you that what you are seeing is the price for ANY 3rd passenger in that cabin.  Baby, teenager, senior citizen.  It's just the 3rd passenger price.

🙂

I think I miss understood 

I thought the third person was the same price as first and second but I see people are saying the third person is cheaper regardless of it been a baby or a adult 

3 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

....  the third person is cheaper regardless of it been a baby or a adult 

This is usually the case on Royal.  Sometimes they actually have Kids Sail Free, which is about the only "sale" that saves significant money.

3 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Hi

if we are due to have a baby and don’t no the name, DOB etc can we add a baby to the reservation with out the baby been born so we can lock in rates 

Not sure if your sailing is included, but Royal Caribbean is running a "kids sail free" promotion right now.  Check it out.  

2 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

I think I miss understood 

I thought the third person was the same price as first and second but I see people are saying the third person is cheaper regardless of it been a baby or a adult 

Yes that is right. Pax 3 pays a reduced sum. Doesn't matter if pax 3 is 6 months or 66 yrs old though.  

Congrats on 'bumpette'.

LB

10 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

There are kids sail free rates right now. Did your cruise not qualify?

I don’t see that offer on the U.K. site we often get free all inslusive which I’m happy with

Edited by Garyjames220

2 hours ago, ryano said:

Royal has horrible third guest rates most of the time.  Twice I have been able to add my nephew onto our booking for Carnival Magic for 199.00 + taxes and fees.  It didnt matter if the age is 4 or 94

20+ yrs ago when my kids were 2-9yrs old many times 3-4th passenger on Royal during Spring, Summer and Holiday months was lot higher then 1-2 passenger. I remember at times for 7nite in OV being 799-999ea for 1-2nd and high as $1099+ each for 3-4th passengers. That's why always had take my kids out school in Sept/Oct and Feb to Cruise