bliss tendering GSC

luckyinpa

on the BA i remember special tenders from the island a few years ago. ive seen a video that escape uses their life boats. im going to be on a cruise with someone that never has tendered and i was trying to find video about it but was curious what bliss uses for tendering. (any vids or pics of the process would be great too

i do remember we had rough seas where the ramp was bobbing up and down so much we all had to wait and run for our lives so to speak

the concern was getting on and off the ship more than anything else. i know at the island they have the ramp with the washy washy for your feet

ive seen vids online showing escape just boarding a lifeboat which looks ez as pie vs my personal experience 3 years ago where it was challenging on that tender from the BA. people on both sides of the ramp literally ready to catch you because it was so chopping getting back on the ship. the ramp was moving a good foot up and down, if not more. 

I'm not sure where you saw Escape using their lifeboats for tendering? Definitely was using the GSC tenders when I went there on Escape (and Getaway and Sun). I don't see why Bliss wouldn't do the same. 

It definitely can be a quite bumpy ride in the tenders though. 

Edited by smplybcause

15 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I'm not sure where you saw Escape using their lifeboats for tendering? Definitely was using the GSC tenders when I went there on Escape (and Getaway and Sun). I don't see why Bliss wouldn't do the same. 

It definitely can be a quite bumpy ride in the tenders though. 

starting at 45 seconds they head to the boat  

1 minute ago, luckyinpa said:

starting at 45 seconds they head to the boat  

Interesting! I wonder why they chose to do that? Whether they needed to put out the lifeboats anyways for some reason or if there was an issue with the tenders that stay at GSC.  I definitely don't think it'd be possible if the seas weren't as calm as they were that day! I've tendered at GSC where the tender is going up/down several feet while you're boarding - I don't think that platform at the bottom would work during that!

Think they would ever build a pier?  I've now been to both GSC and Coco Cay and Coco Cay blows GSC out of the water quite frankly.  I would think for educated consumers, especially booking a short weekend cruise where the main stop is the private island, NCL will begin losing business to RC.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

Think they would ever build a pier?  I've now been to both GSC and Coco Cay and Coco Cay blows GSC out of the water quite frankly.  I would think for educated consumers, especially booking a short weekend cruise where the main stop is the private island, NCL will begin losing business to RC.

There's been rumors and I think a while back someone even found a proposal from a company for it. With Carnival adding it to theirs, NCL probably is considering it. No idea if they ever plan to develop it like Coco Cay. I haven't been to it renovated, but I really like the beach only aspect of it previously. 

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

That's definitely what I've been on every time I've gone to GSC. But it definitely has never been close to that calm of water when I've gone. 

my cruise was with my blind friend and i told her you gotta wait to get off. she said why. i said welll....um...the ramp to the ship is kinda bobbing up and down really high and they need to wait for it to calm down. inspires confidence to tell her its ok..there are 2 guys on the other side that will catch you

16 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

my cruise was with my blind friend and i told her you gotta wait to get off. she said why. i said welll....um...the ramp to the ship is kinda bobbing up and down really high and they need to wait for it to calm down. inspires confidence to tell her its ok..there are 2 guys on the other side that will catch you

Oh dear! But yeah, they're pretty good about helping people out! I'm tall so I had to time it so I wouldn't bash my head.