Help requested from NCL'ers

Looking for the BEST excursion you've had from just one of these four port of calls.  

Cozumel

Costa Maya

Roatan

Harvest Caye

We just purchased 7 nt cruise on Escape as honeymoon gift to 22 yr old son and fiancee, who have only sailed once (MSC) so they will be in awe of anything and everything on the Escape and from these ports. 

We plan on pointing them to this thread as opposed to sharing our experiences, don't want them to try to do OUR recommendations...We would rather them read YOURS! 

What's the best of the best from this itinerary? 

(Thank you for your tips!)

In Costa Maya we had a wonderful time at the Maya Lost Mayan Kingdom waterpark.  It was extremely clean, safe, had lovely pools and we rode the waterslides, zip lines and lazy river as often as we wanted.  Everything is included in the shore excursion fee. 

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

You should check the area of Cruise Critic knows as the "Ports of Call" threads and read there for suggestions at each port.

Maybe.

i've been to all four ports and i have one clear favorite overall. 

I really like hearing opinions from my ncl peeps in one thread, however. 

I second seeing the sloths and monkeys in Roatan.  Bodden wasn't operating tours the day we were there so we booked with Daniel Johnson through Facebook Messenger.  Best time ever on a shore excursion.

• Like 1

Cozumel was Mr. Sanchos...great deal  but also love to just get off the ship and go downtown in Cozumel and SHOP and eat at the different restaurants, that is what we do 99% of the time. Relaxing and wonderful experience, no excursion needed.  Great to shop and great food.  Been to Cozumel more times than I have fingers and toes and still one of my favorites to just get off of the ship and go downtown shopping.

If you want a relaxing day, our favorite place is Tropicante in Costa Maya. Very easy cab ride and you would just email the owner Steve with your date. Steve will email you all the information.  The lounge chairs and umbrella's are free. You just need to purchase a drink and some food. (which is very reasonable) The staff bends over backwards to make your stay enjoyable and the beach is lovely.  What ever they choose its a great day

Second vote for Mr Sanchos in Cozumel. 
We also tried Nachi-Cocum but we weren’t impressed, food was very basic as were all surroundings.

Mr Sanchos has fabulous food and drinks service as well as massages. 4 star compared to 3 star in my opinion.

Enjoy the cruise.

3 hours ago, Travelicious said:

If they are drinkers, the Cozumel Bar Hop is a lot of fun.

I'll second this one... Absolutely increadable time!   (And not more than a dozen people on any one trip)

6 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Looking for the BEST excursion you've had from just one of these four port of calls.  

Cozumel

Costa Maya

Roatan

Harvest Caye

We just purchased 7 nt cruise on Escape as honeymoon gift to 22 yr old son and fiancee, who have only sailed once (MSC) so they will be in awe of anything and everything on the Escape and from these ports. 

We plan on pointing them to this thread as opposed to sharing our experiences, don't want them to try to do OUR recommendations...We would rather them read YOURS! 

What dates? You should get them on the Roll Call thread. 

We did the Cozumel bar hop. My wife and I are in our 20s/30s and were the youngest on the party bus, but we had a great time. We are doing it again on our Escape cruise leaving Dec. 7th. We are bringing alone my inlaws and 6 other friends with us because it was such a good time. you get to see another side of the island.

10 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Cozumel

Costa Maya

Roatan

Harvest Caye

Cozumel- I guess I've been 8 times...

#1Eaglerider Harley Davidson tour of Cozumel

#2Tulum

#3 Nachi Cocum

#4 Cooking and Beach Break at Playa Mia

Costa Maya- 4 times

#1Maya Chan

#2 Tropicante

Roatan- 5 times

#1Cabana at Mahogany Bay(Carnival Corp excursion)

#2Rony's Tours/Bodden tours about equal.  neither THAT impressive consistently.  Trying Little French Key this go around!

Harvest Caye- First time will be next month!  I wished they still stopped at Belize City.

Trying Monkey River Eco tour!

If it were me, I'd pick the Cozumel excursion LAST.  Every stop kind of has it's own "best" excursion...what they seem to do best.  Cozumel has so many good choices that one can pick an excursion that may be completely unavailable at the other three stops.  

Good luck!

19 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Cozumel

Costa Maya

Roatan

Harvest Caye

Cozumel: the national park and I can't remember the name of it. But we have done the tour twice. 

Costa Maya: Maya Chan is the only way to go in my opinion. the resort is nice, very clean, a great relaxing day, cheap massages, wonderful service and the owners are fantastic. 

Roatan: too many choices and all are good: WE have done Bodden and Ronny: We actually like Ronni  little better but they are very similar. Ronni is a little less expensive and you can pick what you want to see. Of course spending time at the beach in Roatan is the number one thing everyone should do. We have done Bodden once and Ronni 3 times. 

Harvest Caye: we will be there for the 1st time next week. I have heard the snorkeling is good. 

14 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Cozumel- I guess I've been 8 times...

#1Eaglerider Harley Davidson tour of Cozumel

#2Tulum

#3 Nachi Cocum

#4 Cooking and Beach Break at Playa Mia

Costa Maya- 4 times

#1Maya Chan

#2 Tropicante

Roatan- 5 times

#1Cabana at Mahogany Bay(Carnival Corp excursion)

#2Rony's Tours/Bodden tours about equal.  neither THAT impressive consistently.  Trying Little French Key this go around!

Harvest Caye- First time will be next month!  I wished they still stopped at Belize City.

Trying Monkey River Eco tour!

If it were me, I'd pick the Cozumel excursion LAST.  Every stop kind of has it's own "best" excursion...what they seem to do best.  Cozumel has so many good choices that one can pick an excursion that may be completely unavailable at the other three stops.  

Good luck!

Little French Key was my favorite excursion on this itinerary, I think you'll have a blast!

• Like 1

My husband and I had such a relaxing, beautiful day at Pristine Bay beach resort. The excursion was only about $40 a person and included bus ride there and back plus access to the gorgeous infinity pool and beach access. No drinks or food was included but it was all very reasonably priced. The views and the serenity of the infinity pool were just breathtaking. Better yet, it wasn't a very busy excursion. Two boats were in Roatan that day and I'd say less than 40 came to this resort. It's like a hidden secret. 

pristine-bay.jpg

On 10/9/2019 at 6:40 PM, mchl73133 said:

What dates? You should get them on the Roll Call thread. 

We did the Cozumel bar hop. My wife and I are in our 20s/30s and were the youngest on the party bus, but we had a great time. We are doing it again on our Escape cruise leaving Dec. 7th. We are bringing alone my inlaws and 6 other friends with us because it was such a good time. you get to see another side of the island.