Cruise Critic Community
seniorladycruiser

Fare Lowered After Final Payment

Just checked the Crystal website this morning and noticed the PG guarantee cabin rate has gone done considerably.  Just wondering if Crystal will issue a credit if requested?

Have your TA get with Crystal.  If the new pricing is for the same type of room that you booked (eg. guarantee) they should honor the new pricing and provide a refund back to your card if you have made your final payment as you noted.

Keith

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Just curious as to which cruise this is on?

What, you don't trust me anymore?

Given that there was the only one new (since September) PG, that it just went down by 17.7% (Whoopee!), and that the OP is from the Avocado Capital of the World, in the County of San Diego, probably this one:

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage/caldera-to-san-diego-ocs191211-10

But some of the trips leading up that cruise also had some PG cabins - just none with fare changes since September.

Edited by drib
wrong link

Looks like Crystal is in the process of updating fares.   Check this out:   If you believe the search page, 116 days on a 2022 world cruise is cheaper than a 100 day world cruise!

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage-finder?dates=Feb++2022

After a little investigating, it appears the 116 day lower fare is for a C3 cabin, while the 100 day fare is for a C1 cabin.   Now, how can a C3 guarantee be available for booking on the longer cruise, but not available on the shorter cruise?  The longer cruise is simply the 100 day cruise with an added segment. 

12 hours ago, drib said:

Given that there was the only one new (since September) PG, that it just went down by 17.7% (Whoopee!), and that the OP is from the Avocado Capital of the World, in the County of San Diego, probably this one:

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage/caldera-to-san-diego-ocs191211-10

But some of the trips leading up that cruise also had some PG cabins - just none with fare changes since September.

Ding ding, we have a winner! Excellent job.

12 hours ago, drib said:

Did I miss this months "announcement"? - I didn't see any summary of price movements

BTW - you have mail - including a little something for your troubles

2 hours ago, History&Wine said:

Looks like Crystal is in the process of updating fares.   Check this out:   If you believe the search page, 116 days on a 2022 world cruise is cheaper than a 100 day world cruise!

https://www.crystalcruises.com/voyage-finder?dates=Feb++2022

After a little investigating, it appears the 116 day lower fare is for a C3 cabin, while the 100 day fare is for a C1 cabin.   Now, how can a C3 guarantee be available for booking on the longer cruise, but not available on the shorter cruise?  The longer cruise is simply the 100 day cruise with an added segment. 

The same way an airline seat in a particular inventory bucket is available on a MIA-ATL-ORD "direct" flight (both segments), but not available on just the MIA-ATL portion of the same flight.  Inventory Management.  :classic_smile:

Vince

I looked quickly at the 116 day fares and they look the same as they were when they were first published.  This is for both Los Angeles R/T and Miami R/T.   I think the Los Angeles to Miami is the same as it was as well but as Dwight noted the start as fare is for the C1 rather than the C3.  I pulled out the brochure they gave us on the ship with the pricing but they showed the Crystal Society Savings and not the Port Taxes but again eyeballing this and then looking at one specific category I think all is the same as it was.

Keith

10 hours ago, seniorladycruiser said:

Yes you are right it is the 12/11 cruise from Caldera to San Diego.

Crystal is very good about grandfathering rate changes, but sometimes you have to make some noise. In any event, both the old and new rate on the PG were very good, and I'm sure you'll have an awesome time on your cruise. 

5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Did I miss this months "announcement"? - I didn't see any summary of price movements

I did post on that other message board about the new PG, but I didn't really emphasize it. It was in the dcrd, though, and would have been in the new subscriber emails if it was one of your trips. If you did not get either of those, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

5 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

BTW - you have mail - including a little something for your troubles

🙂

Your secret is safe with me!

I have also looked at our booking for the World Cruise 2022 on the segment LA to Montecarlo and the price is the same than the one at the time we booked. Some categories do not seem to be available anymore.

Ivi

4 hours ago, BWIVince said:

The same way an airline seat in a particular inventory bucket is available on a MIA-ATL-ORD "direct" flight (both segments), but not available on just the MIA-ATL portion of the same flight.  Inventory Management.  :classic_smile:

Vince

Oh, Vince, it’s so great when you have a chance to dazzle us. 

Have I mentioned that I credit YOU with teaching me the term YMMV? Yes, I believe I have.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:50 AM, travelberlin said:

I have also looked at our booking for the World Cruise 2022 on the segment LA to Montecarlo and the price is the same than the one at the time we booked. Some categories do not seem to be available anymore.

Ivi

Yes.  It's interesting that prices haven't changed since first publication for the 2022 WC.  I think in the past prices have inched up by now.

I would note there has been a significant increase in all 2022 WC and segment pricing for singles that I checked. 

What can we infer from this?   Perhaps overall sales are slow, but single bookings have been greater than expected? 

Edited by History&Wine
correction

7 minutes ago, seniorladycruiser said:

FYI   I was able to get a credit based on the reduction in fare.  Happy Traveler!

Fantastic.

Keith