Cruise to Key West

mlewing

That is a good question. Every time someone asks me about the best cruiseline for LGBT cruises, I always say Celebrity Cruises. They are very active in the LGBT Community, there is a LGBT Celebrity FB Group and I know they also perform same sex weddings that are legally recognized on sea days in international waters.  My only concern for you on Celebrity is that I do not see many sailings to Key West.  There are some, but usually on shorter cruises that celebrity seems to use as fillers.  I think Royal Caribbean would be a good option as well.  I would look for Western Caribbean sailings and sailing between 4 and 5 days to find them.

Good luck and if this is for you, CONGRATS!!

Edited by colocop004

Cruise Linea and wedding coordinators aside, I’ll give you a few things to consider.

Some ships will dock near Mallory Square while others will dock at the Outer Mole, which is less convenient since it’s farther away, and from that location you can’t walk off the ship and into town. The  You’re required to take a trolley into town. I recommend that you look at the Key West website where it lists cruise ship arrivals and where they’ll be docked, and look for ships that will NOT dock at the Outer Mole. 

Second thing to consider is time in port. Look at the actual itineraries to see what time the ship will arrive and depart. On several itineraries, ships will be in port only half a day (sometimes early in the morning) and which may miss better hours. 

Finally, keep in mind that all itineraries are subject to change, and that no ports are guaranteed. So if you plan a wedding ashore but for whatever reason the ship needs to cancel the stop in Key West, you’re out of luck!

And with that less than positive final thought, I wish you, or whoever is getting married, congratulations and a long and happy marriage!