New ship

The Bullingdon Club

10 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

Any idea on what sort of cruises will be on the maiden season? And when they'll start?

It is booked in several ports from April 2024 and afterwards but the listings maybe are outdated. Their intention based on port listings was in 2022 to substitute Queen Victoria with Queen Anne in Northern Europe with some trips to Med, and send the Queen Victoria to Civitavecchia (Rome) to do fly cruises in Western and Eastern Med. But covid-19 delayed the delivery of the new ships and the plans were abandoned as Queen Victoria remained in Northern Europe. So who knows? From the port listings this is indicated that will happen in 2024.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

4 minutes ago, richard_london said:

The interiors look dramatically different from the look onboard the current three Queens.  Clearly a deliberate decision to move away from that look.  I'm worried it's not very distinctive.  If you didn't know they were views of the new Cunarder's interiors you would be had pressed to identify which ship they belonged to.  Could easily be a P&O ship.

I agree. All for some changes,  but Cunard have a 'look' which is pretty unique. It would be a shame, in our opinion, to move away from that. We shall have to wait and see.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruise Puss said:

I agree. All for some changes,  but Cunard have a 'look' which is pretty unique. It would be a shame, in our opinion, to move away from that. We shall have to wait and see.

I will still try a cruise on her, but I agree with you about the Cunard look.  You couldn't mistake it for something else.  Maybe when we see more of the ship, like the dining rooms but I can't help feel a bit disappointed by this reveal.  I don't think the name helps despite it being rumoured for ages, I was always hoping it would be something different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_london said:

I will still try a cruise on her, but I agree with you about the Cunard look.  You couldn't mistake it for something else.  Maybe when we see more of the ship, like the dining rooms but I can't help feel a bit disappointed by this reveal.  I don't think the name helps despite it being rumoured for ages, I was always hoping it would be something different.

Agree. We all know it will be a Queen, certainly wouldn't want anything else, but 'Anne' is (& no offense meant to the many 'Annes' out there) a little boring. Now my name would have been much better... Alexandra.  I think Queen Alexandra sounds wonderful! 😁

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cruise Puss said:

Agree. We all know it will be a Queen, certainly wouldn't want anything else, but 'Anne' is (& no offense meant to the many 'Annes' out there) a little boring. Now my name would have been much better... Alexandra.  I think Queen Alexandra sounds wonderful! 😁

I thought Queen Elizabeth ll  would have been most appropriate especially in  her 70th year.

19 minutes ago, watsonbeau said:

Sounds like bookings start May this year - fortunately for me I’m on board QE that month so may hope to book something while onboard if prices not too ridiculous 

would you have any idea what date in May as we come off Queen Elizabeth on the 2nd May

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

It has just been announced internally.

Those expecting a surprise, change your expectations.

I don’t think anyone was expecting a surprise. Just wishing.  Worst kept secret in cruising history.  Yawn.  

• Like 2

Any comments on the "refreshed" livery?  The only thing I detect is they moved the black stripes in the funnel closer together towards the top, instead of spread out evenly.  I suppose this provides a more modern look.  

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 10.25.41 AM.png

1 hour ago, gfs1ram said:

I thought Queen Elizabeth ll  would have been most appropriate especially in  her 70th year.

There already is a  QE2.

I thought someones idea of Platinum Queen was a great idea.  🇬🇧7️⃣0️⃣❤️🇬🇧

Edited by amajaa

1 hour ago, eroller said:

Any comments on the "refreshed" livery?  The only thing I detect is they moved the black stripes in the funnel closer together towards the top, instead of spread out evenly.  I suppose this provides a more modern look.  

Two differences I noticed:

1. The "CUNARD" lettering is white on black instead of red on white and the gold Cunard logo is included next to the lettering.

1909271284_QueenAnneLiveryCunardLogo.thumb.jpg.8b977786577857d34c23cb9f78d4a982.jpg

2. The "QUEEN ANNE" lettering is in all caps instead of in mixed title case and is white on black instead of black on white. The white stripe above the name is thinner so as not to be able to accommodate the name in black on white or encompass the "CUNARD" lettering as on the other ships.

1314964091_QueenAnneLiveryNameLettering.thumb.jpg.07326c41cddb8a9d0f0e065153dae0f4.jpg

Edited by bluemarble

3 hours ago, richard_london said:

Could easily be a P&O ship.

Or, from the ships I know, a Celebrity or MSC ship. 😣

This is definitely not Cunard.

But than as Cunard's new dress code is in line with those companies, it probably fits.

1 minute ago, OceanLinerGeek24 said:

If this is indeed the bow lettering font Cunard is going with for QA, I wonder if they will update across the fleet? 

I really hope not...

Edited by MylesS

2 hours ago, eroller said:

They look further up because in these computer generated images the funnel doesn't have the air scoop at the base that the other Queens (going back to the QE2) have. 

The funnel looks squarer at the back too.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Two differences I noticed:

1. The "CUNARD" lettering is white on black instead of red on white and the gold Cunard logo is included next to the lettering.

2. The "QUEEN ANNE" lettering is in all caps instead of in mixed title case and is white on black instead of black on white. The white stripe above the name

I appreciate the physical design of the ship may rule out the use of dark-on-light lettering for the lettering of the name, but combined with the all-caps usage it really jumps out as ‘different’ from the existing Queens, and to my taste, less pleasant. Indeed, the weighting of the typeface and letter kerning look almost… cheap.

I’m surprised that if this is the new house branding style, it hasn’t been carried over into any other material I’ve yet seen, including the use of the name at the end of the video. So maybe this is an exceptional (and non-representative) use to be clear in the video only… I can hope. 

I’m reserving judgement on the interiors until I see actual photographs… we’re still over eighteen months away from maiden voyage, and these things come together at the end. CGI renderings don’t often represent textures accurately, and that’s the area  where I feel the Cunard opulence really comes through. I’m hoping for wood, thick carpeting - attention to detail. 

Edited by Jonem2001
Word usage
  • Like 1