Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jamman54

Our Carnival Sunrise B2B to Bermuda?? & New England / Canada (with pics) – 9/16/2019.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

We'll be on board with you again for the NE/CA leg leaving the 6th.  Using our "hurricane" FCC from our "Charleston cruise" to pay for it. Maybe this time I'll actually say hello when I see you on board! 

 

You better! :classic_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving your review. DH and I are sailing on the Radiance out of NYC in September, and I'm really excited. I especially love the sail away pictures. I booked a balcony on the starboard side just for that view!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mother27 said:

I'm loving your review. DH and I are sailing on the Radiance out of NYC in September, and I'm really excited. I especially love the sail away pictures. I booked a balcony on the starboard side just for that view!

Thanks for reading! What sailing are you on? We are on September 6th. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for reading! What sailing are you on? We are on September 6th. 😎

We're on the September 27th sailing. We're flying into NYC the day before, staying in Manhattan, and catching a Broadway show - Chicago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 6:27 PM, Jamman54 said:

 

IMG_1424-XL.jpg

 

 

Thinking about booking the Sunrise next year (would be a re-booking from our upcoming October cruise which may get cancelled, but regardless we are planning to rebook) so I went back and starting reading your Sunrise review - which is great as always! My only question so far is - What is this??? Is it a really small pool or a really big hot tub?? LOL Sailing without my little one this time, so planning on enjoying the Serenity area. Would love a small pool to cool off in...but not sure how much we'd use the hot tub on a hot day! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MistyRo76 said:

 

Thinking about booking the Sunrise next year (would be a re-booking from our upcoming October cruise which may get cancelled, but regardless we are planning to rebook) so I went back and starting reading your Sunrise review - which is great as always! My only question so far is - What is this??? Is it a really small pool or a really big hot tub?? LOL Sailing without my little one this time, so planning on enjoying the Serenity area. Would love a small pool to cool off in...but not sure how much we'd use the hot tub on a hot day! 

That is the hot tub in the Serenity area. Not really that hot, but not good for cooling off. Nice once the sun goes down though. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

That is the hot tub in the Serenity area. Not really that hot, but not good for cooling off. Nice once the sun goes down though. 😀

Thanks! That's what I figured...but I know the Sunshine had a pool in the Serenity area, so I thought maybe??? I'm sure we'll find a way to enjoy it regardless! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 11/6/2019 at 6:30 PM, Jamman54 said:

 

Well, this was our last cruise for 2019, but 2020 should be an exciting year. Right now we have a B2B booked on the Glory out of New Orleans in April. This may or may not happen as some unexpected bills, and having to have cataract surgery on both of my eyes, may cause us to have to cancel. Fingers crossed! On September 30th we will be boarding the brand new Mardi Gras on a 15 day repositioning cruise from New York to Port Canaveral. This one is going to happen by hook or crook, and will be epic!

 

 

Dug this review put to get a feel for what the radiance might be like and stumbled upon this gem. You were right in all the wrong ways. 2020 has been exciting.

Edited by mkcurran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

 

Dug this review put to get a feel for what the radiance might be like and stumbled upon this gem. You were right in all the wrong ways. 2020 has been exciting.

The Radiance and Sunrise will virtually be twins. That being said,  there will be some elements of the Victory left on the Radiance just like there are some elements of the Triumph left on the Sunrise. 

 

2020 has been exciting for all the wrong reasons! 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

The Radiance and Sunrise will virtually be twins. That being said,  there will be some elements of the Victory left on the Radiance just like there are some elements of the Triumph left on the Sunrise. 

 

2020 has been exciting for all the wrong reasons! 🤪

I hope at least you are seeing things better these days.

 

So did you like the Sunrise or the Splendor better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

I hope at least you are seeing things better these days.

So did you like the Sunrise or the Splendor better?

I had both my eyes done in January. I can see clearly now ...

 

For me, I give the edge to the Splendor for having the full size show lounge and comedy club. Like the additional food options on the Sunrise though. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Jeff, 

 

Thanks for allowing me to sail along with you and Patti, it's been wonderful!!

 

Thanks for the New York pictures, loved, loved, loved them!!

 

I'm going to jump ship now and tag along with someone else for a while. I know I'll be back, too many upcoming ports of mine coinside with the ones you had!

 

Hugs and ciao for now

Nicki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

Hey Jeff, 

 

Thanks for allowing me to sail along with you and Patti, it's been wonderful!!

 

Thanks for the New York pictures, loved, loved, loved them!!

 

I'm going to jump ship now and tag along with someone else for a while. I know I'll be back, too many upcoming ports of mine coinside with the ones you had!

 

Hugs and ciao for now

Nicki

Hey  Nicki! It was great to have you sail along with us. Hopefully we'll be back in April after sailing on the Horizon and Breeze. There are plenty of great reviews out there to tide you over until you sail again.  Happy Sails! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...