Cruise Documents

My friend and I sail in 28 days and still had not received our tickets last week. I had her reach out to her agent and the agent said we could print them online...did I miss something? Regardless my friend is meeting with the agent next week because I want the actual tickets 🙂

I want to know for future cruises (hopefully!!)

Thank you 

I have never printed tickets on line or heard of anyone else doing it. Crystal sends out tickets and various informational material to TA's about 4-6 weeks before your cruise. The travel agent should have them unless you have not completed you PCPC forms.

The agent is ill-informed and misguided.  You cannot print out your documents on line.

The "agent" can get Crystal to send them e-documents.  In turn, the agent can send them to your friend via e-mail and your friend can print them out.  

I know there will be some who will say don't worry about the real documents.

My own view is the agent should have had them by now.  If not they should have Crystal resend them out and then overnight them to your friend.  Or the agent can ask Crystal to send them to your friend directly.  This just take a little extra work by the agent.  One of the benefits of this is getting the rest of the information including the before you sail book and the luggage tags.

While your friend can get the tags at the cruise ship terminal my own preference is to fill them out at home so we are not rushed when we are dropped off at the port.  

If your friend just wants to go with the e-document and not worry about the hard copies I would still have luggage tags sent to your friend.  The TA can arrange to have Crystal send them out immediately to your friend and bypass the agent.

Keith

Thank you Keith. That is very clear.

The tickets were delivered to the office of the agent and no one told the agent... apparently. When she realized that we did not have tickets (after I emailed) she said we could print them off which I was pretty sure was not true (I have gone through that registering site pretty thoroughly, lol) My friend is going to meet with the agent next week to pick them up.

She did offer up a bit of extra on board credit ......so I appreciate that.

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

The agent is ill-informed and misguided.  You cannot print out your documents on line.

The "agent" can get Crystal to send them e-documents.  In turn, the agent can send them to your friend via e-mail and your friend can print them out.  

I know there will be some who will say don't worry about the real documents....

While your friend can get the tags at the cruise ship terminal my own preference is to fill them out at home so we are not rushed when we are dropped off at the port.  

Well that would be me, so I will say it....- why bother with hard copies? - we’re not back in the 1960s and it’s an electronic world these days

I’ve only ever had one set of Crystal documents sent to me (our first) and in the early days I’d print them but now I just keep them on my iPhone and iPad (and on iCloud) and present them as required - they can scan the bar code from them 

As for the luggage tags and saving time - what all of 2 minutes while you’re waiting for the agent to process your bags? They have plenty of blank tags at the ship and they can be completed on arrival. They’re certainly not “keepers” or durable enough to put on before heading to the dock and the ones they send you are not preprinted with your details as some lines eg Seabourn do, so you have to complete them at some point anyway 

I guess we all have our routines and preferences - some will be anal about it and want to be prepared weeks in advance - others more relaxed - I fall into the later category 

By going electronic I’m hoping the Greta Thunbergs of the world stay off my case as I save a tree or two by not having printed docs - although my flights and other travel impacts probably won’t win me any environmental awards! 

Re accessing the tickets - your TA or Crystal if you booked directly should send them to you either electronically or by courier or post (my preference being by email) - it’s not hard. I suspect when they said print them off online they meant from the email as opposed to going to a website to download them (oh for the day when that is possible) 

Bottom line is I’m yet to hear of anyone denied boarding for want of a physical copy of their cruise ticket 

As I often say choice is good.

So if you want them electronically that’s your option. 

For me I like to have them with me and still prefer having all of them printed out and our luggage tags filled out and for those of us who send luggage to the ship we attach luggage tags before they are picked up.  

Someday we might not have the choice but glad we do at this point in time. 

Keith