Cruise Critic Community
Host Bonjour

Anything Montréal, II - Tout ce que Montréal, II

Hello, Bonjour:

As we do on other message boards, when popular topics reach an exceptionally high page count, we close the original and open up a new edition. The original, or previous chapter, (see Wonderful Copenhagen, which has an annual edition) remains visible on the boards, and is only closed to new posts.

To continue any open conversations, instead of using the usual reply button, it will be necessary to cut and paste from the previous topic (which I will embed in this post) into your reply in this topic. I get that this is a bit of a drag but hopefully before long, conversations will be off and running here in the new edition, and any inconveniences will be soon forgotten. 

Why the second edition? We were up to 27 pages in the previous version, and as with other multi-page topics, they can be time-consuming to read and search for information, and, as was the case here, outdated, as it was started back in 2013!

Keeping a lower page count also helps keep the topic free of spam (this can be a good place for it to be hidden) but please remember that if you ever see anything that appears to violate our guidelines, you can always click on Report-A-Post function within any post in a topic. This will immediately notify staff and the post will be looked at and removed if necessary. 

Thank you, merci bien to everyone past/present who has contributed to the topic and helped make it such a wonderful asset to the Canada/New England port message board. Two of my great grandparents came to the U.S. from Montréal, and I have not yet visited this part of Canada 😳 so I'll certainly be one who is keeping a particularly close eye (pictures!!!) on the new topic, and not solely because I'm a CC host. (I had a choice of boards to cover 😉 ) 

And yes, I struggled with the French title, I know there are many options to say Anything Montréal, but I had to settle on something. Go easy on me, svp. 

Edited by Host Bonjour

Good idea, Colleen. I hope I can be of assistance to CC members.  Love, from YUL / CA MTR. 

Patrick

Thank you Patrick, for your past contributions and for your enthusiasm to continue to help continue the success of this topic going forward. There's nothing like information from someone who knows and loves the place where they live, right? It helps visitors put together an itinerary for a visit that suits them just right and that's unique, more personalized than what's in the usual guides everyone else reads. 

We appreciate you. 🙂 Merci beaucoup. 

Host Bonjour, you mentioned that you struggled with the French title and I would agree that it does not read well.  My gentle suggestion is to change it to “À propos de Montréal”.