How does Izumi work?

On 10/10/2019 at 9:05 PM, cruze610 said:

I’m ok with that. I’d not want to go for a full dinner anyway. Just a snack in the afternoon. Or maybe for lunch one day.  

That's what we often do for an afternoon snack.  We just walk in, order a roll or some nigiri mix and eat it out in the balcony (with our favorite drinks).  Make sure to say hello to the sushi chef while waiting for your order...if you come back and he recognizes you......he may add a couple of free items to you order. Happy Sailing! ☺️

53 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

Did you like the hot rocks? What sorts of things do they cook on them? I have never seen that before.

This was the hot rocks on Jewel, think this was the seafood option

IMG_20181114_212701.jpg

3 hours ago, lisa6191 said:

Did you like the hot rocks? What sorts of things do they cook on them? I have never seen that before.

Nice thing about the hot rock is that you can control the type of doneness exactly as you like and eat the food very hot right off the rock.  However, like other things in the Royal world, this is going away.

On the Allure in the cruise planner it’s $49ish for a pre-fixe sushi menu. Definitely not worth it for us for what it lists.   We like the sushi but the pre-fixe menu is overpriced and you don’t have any choice of rolls. 

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Nice thing about the hot rock is that you can control the type of doneness exactly as you like and eat the food very hot right off the rock.  However, like other things in the Royal world, this is going away.

Some folks prefer to have their food cooked for them. Pretty sure there is a learning curve to doing it correctly.  

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Some folks prefer to have their food cooked for them. Pretty sure there is a learning curve to doing it correctly.  

That's why it's nice to have both options.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:01 PM, cruze610 said:

Ok. So how does it work on adventure? 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:23 PM, Merion_Mom said:

The waiter explained to us that it was designed as an "Izumi Express". 🙄

But you will have no problem just dropping in for some sushi.

If you buy a dining package of any kind, you will receive a credit for up to $35 per person to be used against the a la carte menu If you don't have a dining package and just want to show up, no problem... menu pricing. As John said in previous posts, I did not like the location at all... and in no way equal to Q Class overlooking the Esplanade.

The Adventure Izumi has only half the menu items from a normal Izumi... as carol says the waiter told us it was basically an "Izumi Express". If you know the whole menu, they will make you some of the other sushi from the full-size Izumi

Here's Adventure Izumi menu (it is not as expansive as other ships)

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0705.JPG

Edited by Hoopster95

Note on my photo above, they only show one of the Chef's signature rolls... in regular "full-size" Izumi there's 3.

If you ask, they'll make you one of the other two  😊

Btw, one of the better Izumi's so far on any ship... super super good quality, excellent food here. One thing (at least to me) I had never noticed and thus not tried before...

Poke Bowl ... excellent!

IMG_0668.JPG

9 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

If you buy a dining package of any kind, you will receive a credit for up to $35 per person to be used against the a la carte menu If you don't have a dining package and just want to show up, no problem... menu pricing. As John said in previous posts, I did not like the location at all... and in no way equal to Q Class overlooking the Esplanade.

The Adventure Izumi has only half the menu items from a normal Izumi... as carol says the waiter told us it was basically an "Izumi Express". If you know the whole menu, they will make you some of the other sushi from the full-size Izumi

Here's Adventure Izumi menu (it is not as expansive as other ships)

I believe there is no hot food at all at Adventure's Izumi.