Time in St. Kitts

elklemi

Will be on Star Flyer and visit St. Kitts February 20, 2020 and does anyone who has done this remember what time you are allowed off ship?  Am looking at a snorkel excursion and it leaves at 9:00 AM and wonder if I can make it.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Just saw your post. You are not allowed to really do outside excursions unless you have permission from the captain. In st kitts they go to Basseterre first for the ship excursions. Then sail down to Friars beach for the beach time and excursion pick up. 

My interpretation of sunscape's post is, that  - if you want to stay on shore the whole day - you will miss the sailing betrween the two places they go at that day. You must inform the cruise director or captain that you are a no-show when leaving the first place of anchor. 

Eventually there are restrictions by local immigration law if you want to 'extend' the stay. That will be checked by the purser before getting a 'permission to leave' by the captain or cruise director.

Two separate but related issues here.

Royal Clipper's visit to St Kitts is described as "Bassterre and beach". I assumed that this would mean a morning in Bassterre followed by an afternoon at a beach, but this was not so. The vist to Bassterre was early morning and lasted barely an hour. It was mainly to land passengers on excursions, who would be picked up from the beach later. I was personally dissappointed, as I would have prefered more time in town.

It is a general requirement of cruise ships to account for all passengers before sailing, designed to prevent illegal immigration etc. If passengers are staying ashore, this and the reason for it must be cleared with the local immigration authorities. This will be done as a matter of course for those going on ships tours but not for other passengers, who must notify the ships authorities of their intentions for the latter to get clearance to set sail without them.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from my Star Flyer to St Kitts and we docked at commercial pier in the morning and we could get off and join the ship at South friar's Beach in the afternoon for sail away.  All needed was let them know we would not be on board for lunch.

We were on the cruise before & did the train in St Kitts which we really enjoyed. South Friars beach was awful as 2 large NCL monstrosities were docked so 1,000's of people - we went over on the tender & came straight back again.