How do the beds come arranged?  If we want them turned into a king bed, inform the stateroom attendant?  We have two rooms, my wife is checked to one room with kid; I am checked to the other room with other kid, so I imagine both rooms will have the beds separated upon arrival?

56 minutes ago, brywood said:

How do the beds come arranged?  If we want them turned into a king bed, inform the stateroom attendant?  We have two rooms, my wife is checked to one room with kid; I am checked to the other room with other kid, so I imagine both rooms will have the beds separated upon arrival?

Normally the beds are together, however just tell the stateroom attendant your preference and it will be fixed as part of the evening turndown service.

You can make the request prior to the cruise, but most of the time the beds are left the way the previous passengers left them. 

I use Word to type a message for our steward. 

It includes bed configuration, whether we wish ice twice a day, extension cord for CPAP, 

extra pillows, and depending on the cruise line, trade duvet for top sheet and blanket. 

I add a hearty thanks for his efforts. 

This way he knows what our requests are in writing and everything is taken care of.